self control.

I wash my face in the bathroom mirror as I attempt to wake myself up. I'm thankful for our day off considering I feel like I can use this day to do whatever it is I want to do.

I hear all the guys outside getting ready as well as they all talk about what it is they're going to do with their day. I try to listen in in an attempt to see if any of the plans are enticing enough for me to want to join.

However, I barely can hear anything so I decide to skip makeup today and throw on an oversized jean jacket with ripped skinny jeans. I match it with a pair of sneakers and settle for a high ponytail.

Walking out of the bathroom, I notice no one's in the bunk area so I walk out to the main area only to see Luke and Calum. This makes me furrow my eyebrows considering I could've sworn I heard everyone else seconds ago.

"Where is everyone?" I ask wondering if they went back into their bunks.

"Ashton and Kay Kay are out getting film developed. Drew and Alex went to the gym, and Michael's in his bunk facetiming Crystal," Calum says as he sits on the couch.

I nod my head and wonder where that leaves me. I'd prefer not to spend the day alone.

"We're about to go get coffee if you want to join," Calum says making my ears immediately perk up.

I also feel a strong sense of nostalgia as I recall all the times the three of us went to get coffee. It feels like old times and I can't help but smile because of this.

"We haven't done that in a minute," I say my eyes drifting to Luke who watches me with a soft expression.

His lips curve up the tiniest bit and it's enough for me to notice. I look away in fear of blushing if I stare any longer. Calum hardly seems to notice as he throws an arm around me and Luke.

"Just like old times, Luke even has the newspaper. He woke up this morning to go get one."

My eyes go to Luke once again and I see him gripping the newspaper I hadn't realized was there. I'm surprised by this as he also holds two pens in his hands.

"Well, we didn't get to finish yesterday so I figured today we would make up for it," Luke says making my heart truly race at a million miles an hour.

I hate how he manages to make me feel.

Just like old times.

"Plus, I knew you wouldn't go on with your day until you did one," Luke says.

I can't even hold back the stupid smile on my face as I try not to overthink the fact that Luke had gone out and grabbed a newspaper for me.

"I just hope you guys are quick to do it, you know how I get when not enough attention is on me," Calum says jokingly but also seriously. I roll my eyes at him and give him a look.

Calum just shoot me a cheesy smile and then leads us off the bus. I'm wondering if this coffee place is close or if we're going to need to get an uber. I hope it's close considering I'd much rather walk.

"I am so hungry, I can't wait to eat so much food," Calum says as he releases his arms from my shoulder.

I instantly notice just how chilly it is and I'm glad I brought this jean jacket. I cross my arms over my chest in an attempt to keep me warm as I ask, "Are we walking?"

"Yeah, we mapped it, there's one right down the block," Calum says making me nod my head. "I've never been so thankful for a day off in my life."

"Calum, we've had two shows," Luke says making me snort.