Chapter Seventeen

I pace around the living room, biting my nails and hesitating to even break the news to the others. Should I tell them? Should I tell Russia? I feel like I should. But who will watch America while we're gone trying to save England? I begin to sweat, worried that everything is not going to have a happy ending any time soon. I thought I did everything right? My plan was supposed to be perfect! I have Alfred, but now Arthur is held captive. I don't know what I should do. Should I sacrifice Alfred just to get Arthur back? I shake my head.

No, that's stupid. I could never trade anyone over someone. I went through all that trouble to save him, I'm not just gonna give him up. I can't give him up. I feel like I need to tell someone about this situation. Maybe Russia? Or perhaps someone else? I stop pacing and stare at my phone thats lying on the coffee table. I walk over to it, pick it up, and start calling him. "Hello?" He answers. "Russia, something bad has happened. Arthur has been taken by Japan!"

"He what..?"

"Kiku said that the only way to get him back is to give him Alfred. Don't worry, I'm not planning to do that, but we need to do something. We need to save England. He could die!"

It's quiet for a moment. I start to look around the room, impatiently waiting for him to answer. "Russia?"

"I'm here." He says. I hear a deep sigh and then he starts to talk, "Listen, I have an idea, but you might not like it."

"I don't care what it is, as long as we don't have to trade Alfred and can save Arthur."

"Well... my plan starts with you giving Alfred to Kiku-"

"No! I will do no such thing!" I shout. I quickly put my hand over my mouth and look over at the stairs. I wait to see if I can hear any movement. I don't hear anything. "Canada, listen. Just hang on. You will pretend to give Alfred to Kiku, and when you do, I could whip out a weapon, knock him out, and rescue Arthur. It's just like your first plan only I'll be there to give you help."

"Won't he get suspicious and try to do something?"

I hear a small laugh come from him. "Don't worry. You leave that to me. You take Arthur and Alfred, and you run. Leave me behind if you have to."

Leave him behind...? How could I do that? Sure, I don't like him that much, but I could never leave him with a psychopath. "But-"

He interrupts me, "No buts. You have to trust me on this. I know exactly what to do, okay? You can bring a weapon as well if you don't trust me, but I think you should trust me."

"I don't know if I can. I'm worried you'll fuck up and get yourself killed."

"That's a chance I'm willing to take. Don't worry. If he tries anything, I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will stop him."

Tricks? "What kind of tricks?" I ask. I swear, I could feel him smile through the phone when I asked that. "You'll see... We don't have much time, so you just gotta have faith in me."

He's right. I can't just not trust him. Arthur could die by tomorrow or tonight. We gotta act fast. "Okay. I trust you."

"Good. I'm gonna go prepare things. It's probably late over there, so when Alfred wakes up, tell him about the plan."

"Got it. Oh, by the way, Russia."

"Hmm?"

"How come you're not giving me more information about the plan?"

"....Because. I don't want you to get too worked up and then fuck up the plan. Just don't think too much about it, okay? Goodbye."

He hangs up. I can't help but feel like he's hiding something from me. He's right though, I shouldn't think too much about it or I could fuck this up. I'm going to let Japan know that we agree to his deal so he doesn't hurt Arthur.

I hope this works..