Chapter Ten

I sit at my desk. I open the drawer and pull out America's journal. I place his phone next to the journal. Then, I proceed to place the picture of him, Russia, and Japan next to the phone. I stare at all three clues. I think back to what Russia had said.

"Focus only on Japan."

I pick up the photo and look at Japan. He looks kind of unhappy. No, wait— he looks REALLY unhappy. It's not unusual to not see Japan smile in a photo, but why does this one seem weird? It looks like he's glaring at either Russia or America. How odd...
I put down the photo and pick up the phone. I unlock it and go to photos to see if America has any other pictures of Japan. I find some of him and America. Something is off about these photos though...

"I never noticed it before, but you'll see what I mean."

Japan is smiling. Not his usual small smile, bur a big one. Is this only weirding me out because I'm usually not used to seeing Japan smile? I wonder why he's smiling in these photos. Then again, America could make anyone smile. Just like Italy. I find a photo of me, Alfred, and Japan. I remember that day. I called America, asking if I could hang. He said sure, and that Japan was also with him. I didn't really mind at all. I remember when America took the photo. Japan looked aggravated and just kept staring at me. I ignored it at first, until I finally felt uncomfortable. I asked him what was wrong and he said he was fine but, he sounded annoyed. I left him alone after that. I just thought he was having a bad day. I didn't think much of it. But as soon as I got back from the bathroom, I noticed how unbelievably happy Japan was. He was sitting extremely close to Alfred, with this huge smile on his face.

It really weirded me out. It made me kind of mad because he was super close to my brother. I told myself it wasn't a big deal, but my mind was saying otherwise. Was Japan really having a bad day? Was he mad at me? But for what? Was Japan trying to ignore what's been bothering him by trying to have a good time? So many questions left unanswered. Every time I would see Japan alone with Alfred, he was all happy and bubbly. But as soon as someone else was in the picture, he acted all irritated by their presence.

I remember one time, when I was leaving the conference room to go to the bathroom, I saw Japan walking down the hall. I waved and said hello, but he didn't respond. He just glared and walked passed me. After a few seconds, I saw England walking down the hall. He looked shaken up. It made me concerned, so I asked him what was wrong. He said that it was nothing and left. I didn't believe him, but I didn't say anything else.

England.

I quickly stand up. I need to go see England. Right now. It's probably late from where he lives, but I have to see him.