Ch. 3 - Fuck Off

(T.W  - No spoilers, but shit gets fucked.)

-------

I want to make an assumption that a week had passed, but honestly, I don't care anymore. Time just seems like a neverending cycle of pain, anyway.

My mind's been doing this thing where I'll think about something, and then end up having a complete conversation with myself. And if that wasn't bad enough, my mood spasms oh-so-often.  Sometimes I don't mind. Other times, it's the most agitating thing ever.

So when Rich landed himself in the hospital, I didn't know how to react.

Jeremy and I went as a pair since the dude's only visitor consisted of Jake on a regular basis. Which, in all honesty, normally turns out like absolute shit, since whenever he was asked to leave, he'd throw a temper-tantrum like a kid in wal-mart when something doesn't go its way. 

He didn't want to go all that badly - probably due to the constant trauma Rich had literally burned into the poor kid's mind - but I made him do so, with the deal that he could go home and pass out almost instantaneously.

When we both got inside the room, Rich was awake and fairly talkative. 

Still bruised, bleeding from multiple cuts laced throughout his entire upper half, and had no right eye, though.

The saddest thing for me isn't that I so much care about him per se, but rather, I care about the condition of my money; You can't sell a defective slave.

I know it's wrong to trade my 'friends' for money to hook me up with the excessive amount of drugs I've grown to enjoy, but I have some decency as to not make my moms worry about their financial status.

"Oh hey, I didn't realize you two losers were here," Rich said, turning his head to look at the doorway in which we were still standing, and then wincing after he finished moving, causing Jake to panic a little and place his hand comfortingly on his shoulder - kicking his chair back in the process.

Some decency.

"Ironic you're calling us the losers when you're the one who got his ass beat," I responded. 

Little to none, my friends.

"Oh, right. Whoops, I have a tendency to forget shit I don't care about."

"Defensive," Jeremy chimed in, taking a step closer into the growing-in-population hospital room and taking a seat next to Jake. "I kind of like it."

"Thanks." 

"Woah, Woah, So that's enough of you two communicating." I deadpanned, earning a middle finger from Jeremy, making me smirk victoriously.

The sheets were still stained with his blood, and all I did was smile.