CHAPTER 14: No Turning Back Now.

Start from the beginning

I'm such an idiot, Todoroki thought, Relying on Midoriya when none of his has anything to do with him. He leaned his head back on the brick wall of the narrow alley and inhaled some fresh air into his nostrils, and released. It felt like he's been holding his breath ever since Midoriya went missing. It was only a while until he realized the blond was still watching him.

"Sorry, there's just been a lot going on in my mind, and..." he began.

"No shit, Sherlock," Bakugo scoffed, "Look, I knew since the day after your rescue at Horikoshi hospital," muttered Bakugo, "You haven't been yourself at Provisional License, and there's been things that you've lost control of." He looked Todoroki in the eye, "I don't know what you've been going through, but you'd better not let all of that get into your head. Especially because we don't have a lot of time to be thinking right now."

Todoroki looked up at him.

"It won't be an easy task," he said, wiping the sweat from his forehead, "But...I'll try."

Bakugo sighed and looked up at the sky.

"Now, spill it," he said, "What happened ever since you woke up in the morning today?"

Todoroki started off with the discussion he had with the Class 1-B students, and Monoma's horrifying confession. His voice was shakier than usual, but it was reassuring to know that Bakugo was still listening to every word.

He talked about the time Monoma copied Kaminari's quirk, and how he didn't turn "dumb" even after shooting over 6 million volts.

There was the situation with Jirou: how Kaminari visited her room last night and had a conversation with her. He had also left his white glove in her room, but whether that was done purposefully or on accident was still a mystery.

"Somehow," Todoroki added, "Kaminari broke through U.A's top security system."

"He probably had some help with it," said Bakugo, "A dumbass like him can't do something like that by himself."

Todoroki wanted to agree with Bakugo, but he got the shuddering feeling that Kaminari wasn't someone who likes to work in a team.

The last thing Todoroki discussed with Bakugo was the disappearance of Midoriya, and the phonogram he found on Midoriya's bed.

"So...it was just sitting on his bed?" asked Bakugo skeptically.

"It was just sitting on his bed," echoed Todoroki.

Bakugo didn't need to ask why Todoroki thought Kaminari behind it. There was no doubt. All the clues add up.

Suddenly, Bakugo sat back up and walked out of the alley and into the light.

"Where are you going?" asked Todoroki.

"Thanks to you, we've wasted enough time here, shithead," retorted Bakugo, "We talked about what we needed to talk about. Now, let's go blow shit up."

Despite the poorly composed sentence, Todoroki stifled a laugh and joined Bakugo as they escaped the dark alley and continued running towards the villains' hideout.

...............................

"Wait!" Todoroki stopped abruptly, making Bakugo's face slam hard onto his back.

"Ow! Fuck!" Bakugo rubbed his chin in pain and annoyance, "What?"

"We need a concrete plan to make this work," Todoroki said. He placed a finger on his chin, thinking like Midoriya would.

"A concrete...no way!" exclaimed Bakugo, "All we need to do is access the shitty hideout with your DNA and then blow everything up!"

"No, we're sticking to the plan," countered Todoroki, "Causing a scene will just make things worse. You know that. Besides..." He slowed down a bit, realizing this at the same time as saying it out loud, "...remember what Monoma said. Our opponents are much more powerful and analytical than we think."

"Fine, What's your 'brilliant idea'?" mocked Bakugo.

They stopped in front of The Wishbone, a famous store that sells mainly items with Quirks and support items. Students from the Support Course usually buy their materials here. The employee at the door smiled and greeted them when they came in. Todoroki rushed in to slam his father's credit card (he stole it and he won't give it back.) on the front counter.

He demanded two large insulator sheets and invisible ink. As the employee went to go get the supplies, Todoroki turned to Bakugo to explain.

"When we get close to the hideout, our top priority is to not be visible to all the villains. So my idea is covering ourselves with invisible insulator sheets as we sneak in." Bakugo groaned and scratched his hair.

"We're hiding?"

"Yes."

"This is already getting stupid."

"And if we end up fighting Kaminari—no—when we end up fighting Kaminari," Todoroki gulped, "We have to be prepared to the fullest. If we cover ourselves with electrical insulator sheets, there's a smaller chance his electricity will do a lot of damage to us on the ground and there's a smaller chance for him to find us."

"Wait, wait, hold up," Bakugo put a hand up, "I thought we're supposed to get Sparky Traitor to find us. You know, to talk to him or whatever."

Todoroki nodded, "You're right, but chances are he's going to lose control when he sees us. I'm thinking we should first rescue Midoriya and then talk things through with Kaminari. The insulator sheet will be our shield."

The employee returned with the sheets and ink and Todoroki paid with Endeavor's credit card.

"You know," the employee said, "You two are awfully young to be asking for insulators. May I ask, if this is for a school project or...?"

The two teens dashed out without a thank you and without a receipt.

Time was ticking down rapidly, and new drops of sweat formed on Todoroki's skin as each second passes.

This was it. There was no turning back.

Hang on, Midoriya...brother...I'm coming.

I'm sorry for making this so late. So much homework. But I'm happy Season 4 is out!

Fun Fact ATS: I liked writing Bakugo trying to calm Todoroki down when he was having a mental breakdown. 

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!