14 | Injured

Jihyun stared at Namjoon, feeling a sense of uncertainty run through him. He gulped, opening his mouth to say something, but he instantly regretted it—closing his mouth shut.

"If you have something to say, then say it." Namjoon spoke quietly, not wanting to startle the boy. He carefully reached out to help him up, after Jihyun had collapsed onto the ground, but Jihyun simply jerked away from Namjoon's touch.

"I didn't expect to run into you again." Jihyun spoke what was on his mind, his gaze intense with his unflinching brow remaining firm and stern.

"Neither did I expect to reencounter with you, but tell me: why...or how...do you have a pair of human legs on you know?" Namjoon rose up his eyebrow begrudgingly, a questionable look noticeable on his face.

"That...is none of your concern." Jihyun spat.

"It is because if you're like this, does this mean that other one is too? My father saw the two of you. When he's drunk, he brings the two of you up and he ends up claiming that he'll-."

"Namjoon! I brought dinner for you and your friend!" The gruff voice of Namjoon's father resonated from the downstairs, causing Namjoon to shut up and his eyes to go wide as he urgently shoved Jihyun into the closet as he heard the heavy footsteps pound against the stairs.

He's never brought dinner before... more or less even had the motivation to bring any. Namjoon grew panicked.

***

Some minutes earlier.

"You know, we haven't gon' fishing in awhile." Mr. Kim's friend clicked his tongue, gathering up his net and a harpoon.

"You're right about that." Mr. Kim hummed.

"Let's go fishing, perhaps a bit to the right of where that oil is—catch some easy prey."

"I like the way you think, Mr. Song." Namjoon's father let out a dry chuckle, grinning, and they went on the boat to find some game.

"I see something swishy swashing their tail over there." Mr. Song took ahold of the harpoon, tying the line onto the line attachment.

"Aim it right. Hopefully, my theory of you having better aim when drunk isn't correct." Mr. Kim snickered.

"I'll show you damn well it ain't correct." Mr. Song launched it into the water, grabbing ahold of the line, so it wouldn't get lost into the abyss of the sea.

+~+~+

"Jimin-." Jungkook's eyes widened, seeing the quick motion of something aim towards the prince. His gut kicked against his stomach and he swam viciously to push him out of the way.

"Jungkook? What is i-." Jimin screamed, feeling the scales of his tail tear apart—feeling the harpoon head dig through his caudal fin. His heart faltered, a painful groan escaping his lips as he blinked drowsily.

Jungkook's eyes were wide, aghast to the sight.

"Y-You're bleeding-." Jungkook panicked, seeing Jimin being pulled out. He pulled him back, keeping ahold of him.

These humans, Jungkook grit his teeth. They love to take everything from us...

He yelped, getting pulled out of the water along with Jimin.

"Well would you look at that..? Two fish out of water." Mr. Song was amused, taking out his pair of glasses. "As far as I'm concerned, merpeople...were supposed to be a myth."

Mr. Kim's gaze darkened yet a smirk etched onto his lips, "I remember this one." He gripped Jimin's hair, yanking his head upwards to get a better look at him.

"They'll sure make us a lot of bounty."

Jungkook blinked exhaustedly, only catching the sound of the boat oaring away.