8

"Marisol! Wait!" I caught up with her right outside my door

"Marisol! Wait!" I caught up with her right outside my door. She stopped and turned around. She was crying. "Marisol. I'm sorry."

"Oscar. You told her you love her."

I didn't say anything. I just kind of stood there.

"Well!? Is it true? Do you love her?"

I looked up at her and nodded. "Yeah. I do."

She shut her eyes as more tears fell from them. 

"Marisol. I'm so sorry."

She opened her eyes back up. Then she frowned at me. She balled up her little fists and hit my chest. "I hate you!" She hit me over and over. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I grabbed her as she started crying hysterically.

She snatched away from me. "Don't fucking touch me! It's over Oscar!"

I didn't say anything.

"Wow! You're not even going to try to fight for me? You really do love her huh? Well I hope you're happy being the side dude and getting Mario's sloppy seconds." She slapped me and turned around to walk away.

Sloppy seconds?

Side dude?

Was that what I was settling for?

No. Because Riyah loves me more than she loves Mario. 

Right?

Marisol was just saying that because I hurt her. I don't play second place to anybody. I love Riyah more than Mario does. I mean, I got her pregnant. We'll always be closer than her and Mario will be.

"Hey Oscar? What happened with Marisol?" Cesar asked walking up to the stairs. I sat on the steps and lit up the cigarette from my ear. "We broke up."

"Oh. That would explain the crying."

I nodded.

"But why? What happened?"

I didn't say anything. I just pulled from my cigarette again. 

"This is about Riyah, isn't it."

I nodded.

"I'm surprised she took Mario back. I guess she figured they can work through the pregnancy and stuff."

I turned and raised an eyebrow. "You been smoking fool?"

He shook his head.

"You know Riyah lost the baby. You were there with us."

Cesar's eyes shot open. "Oh. You don't know."

"Don't know what?"

"Mario. Um, well, he got Angelica pregnant."

"What?"

He nodded, "Yeah. They were arguing in his room when I went to see Ruby just now." 

I ran my hand down my face. 

Cesar looked over at me. "So wait? Riyah doesn't know either does she?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh shit."

Damn. So Mario got Angelica pregnant and didn't even tell Riyah. She probably wouldn't have gotten back with him if she had known.

"Are you going to tell her?"

"No." I shook my head. "It's not my place to tell her that."

"But then she would probably break up with Mario."

"She will find out eventually."

Cesar shrugged, "If you say so."

________________________________

Y'all OMG

Whyyyyyy Mario?????