Chapter 35: Goodbye with consequences

Start from the beginning

The wolf hybrid picked up the box and let his eyes wander around his room once more. He would surely miss it too. It held a lot of memories after all.

He shook his head, keeping himself from falling deeper into the memories playing themselves in his mind. Without further distractions the wolf hybrid left the room, closing the door behind him. He shouldn't get sentimental now or he would get ideas that he would surely regret later on.

In a rather fast pace Chan walked down the stairs. "I won't leave forever, therefore I should stop stressing about this", the wolf hybrid thought to himself. Of course he knew that the current situation of the supernatural world was bad but since the fall of the barrier there hasn't been one incident where humans were violent to a supernatural creature, which meant that maybe mankind didn't even notice a change. So maybe supernatural creatures and humans could just live beside each other peacefully this time.

Maybe that was far fetched but Chan really wanted supernatural creatures and humans to just coexist, to bury the hatchet along with the fear from centuries ago and just be like friendly neighbors. Some may say that it was just a dreamer's wish but Chan believed it could be reality if both sides showed acceptance and kindness towards the other.

While still thinking about this, Chan stepped out of the house. Even though his mind was elsewhere he was immediately knocked back into reality, when his nose picked up a very familiar scent. He almost dropped the box he was carrying when he saw Byungho standing in the front yard.

The older had his head turned towards Mrs. Bang since he was talking to her but Chan heard nothing besides his very loud heartbeat, who only got louder when Byungho turned his head towards him. His dark orbs as warm as always paired with one of his adorable smiles.

"Byungho", the older's name left the wolf hybrid's lips without him really realizing it. It caused Byungho's smile to widen a little bit.

"Hey Channie" he greeted the male with the silver hair by using the other's nickname. Chan set the box aside immediately and walked over to the older in a fast but not rushed pace. Without caring that Mrs. Bang along with Yedam were watching them Chan cupped Byungho's cheeks between his hands and kissed him without thinking much about it.

Almost automatically Byungho put his hands on his boyfriend's waist while responding to the kiss, which maybe made Yedam squeal quietly but even if he did neither Chan nor Byungho noticed it.

Their kiss didn't last long but it represented Chan and Byungho's relationship pretty well. They were good friends, who had a crush on each other for a long time and then turned to lovers, who cherished the other like no one else.

After pulling away from the kiss Chan wrapped his arms around the older's neck and just hugged him close without saying anything. Byungho understood that little untold message better than anyone, which was why his smile lessened a bit.

"I will miss you too", Byungho mumbled, letting his head rest on the other's shoulder while putting both arms around the wolf hybrid properly, so no space was left between them.

By the might of all gods Chan didn't want to ever let go of Byungho. Not as a lover, not as a friend and not as his mate. He didn't question why the older was even here. It was just a wonderful coincidence that he showed up here even though he wasn't allowed to leave his home in the current situation. He just wanted to freeze this moment and stay in it forever but he knew himself that it wasn't possible. Not now at least.

Chan slightly pulled away from the hug and Byungho didn't stop him. There was this mutual understanding that they had to let go of each other at some point.

"We will see each other again. Hopefully soon", Chan said to Byungho and partly to himself while he was looking into the older's dark eyes with the golden shimmer. The brown-haired male showed a little but warm smile which was a silent agreement. A little peck on the lips followed and then they fully pulled away from each other.