24.

Korea.

"Get some without my backpack, Mommy." Cali moved her hair out of her face, handing her pink MCM backpack over to her Daddy.

"You look so pretty, Baby." I smiled hard, continuing to take her pictures. My baby was starting 5th grade today and I was an emotional wreck. I had been crying all morning. Julio was in his feelings too but he insisted it was because of her hair.

I stuck to my word and let her get her hair straightened for her first week.

@KoKoKoreaaaa- Guess she's not my little six year old anymore

@KoKoKoreaaaa- Guess she's not my little six year old anymore. I love you more than words, Cali. I know you'll conquer this school year like the smart young lady I know you to be. Mommy is always super proud of you! I love you!!! 💕

"Ok Mommy, I think that's enough." She said through gritted teeth, still smiling. "All my friends are already at school and I don't wanna miss anything."

"Come on then." I locked my phone and stood up straight. We still had to go pick up Mia from Mama Karen's and get breakfast before I could drop them off.

"I love you." Julio puckered his lips out for her to kiss him. "Have a great first day, text me when you get outta school."

"You aren't gonna ride with us?" Her mood changed. "I wanted you to."

"I got shit to handle but I promise I'll be here when you get home." He kissed her temple. "Ok?"

"Ok" She mumbled. "See you later Daddy." I watched him briefly kiss and play with Cari before standing up straight, pulling up his sweatpants.

"Alright Ma" He gave me a side hug. "Here" He said, handing me sixty dollars. "Buy y'alls Breakfast with that."

"I will, thanks."

Julio stayed giving me money or he'd randomly text me telling me to looking in certain spots around my apartment. We'd just gotten back from Bali last night, yet he texted me before he came over to see Cali off this morning telling me to look in my pantry. I found eight hundred dollars.

"What you gone do when you get back home?" He towered over me with his hands in his pockets. He wore a matching black Nike Sweatsuit and a pair of Sneakers. It wasn't cold quite yet in Chicago, but the wind was definitely starting to pick up.

"I'm exhausted so I'm going straight to sleep." My body was all jacked up from our trip and I had Jet-lag.

"I feel that, I can't wait to hop my ass in the bed either." He dug his keys out of his pocket. "I gotta make some money first though."