3.2

Nicole

"Say happy birthday Grammy!" I bent down holding Taejin at his torso.

He ran up to her, holding his arms out so she could pick him up. "Birthday Grammy!" He kissed her cheek making Ms. Karen damn near melt.

Today was her birthday and being that the girls and I were going to Miami for the weekend, we decided to just throw her a surprise party at Tae and I's house before we left.

It wasn't anything big; just all of us, members from the church, and hella food of course.

"You look cute." She complimented me. "Where you get them earrings from? I hope you bought me some." She put her hand on her hip.

"You know I did

"You know I did." I had gotten them for her for her birthday gift along with the matching necklace since she liked matching her jewelry.

She went to thank everybody while I went in the kitchen to check on the food. "So we fly out tomorrow night or morning?"

"Morning Mila damn! Korea done told you at least four times." Maurice rolled her eyes, getting the rolls out of the oven. "You gotta get off those drugs."

"Bitch I only smoke weed." She flipped her off.

"Sure you do."

I looked at Korea; she was sitting at the table eating fruit salad, not paying the two of them any mind.

"Anyway!" Maurice cut Mila off. "Nicole can you text Tae and tell him to get some more salad fixing from the store? I thought we would have enough but we don't."

"You do it." I dug through the bottom cabinets getting out a pan to bake one of the cakes.

I was giving Tae the cold shoulder just to torture him for what he did. I didn't have a problem with Jasmine, I actually liked her; she was cool people but it wasn't about if I thought she was cool or not. I felt totally disrespected. I'd never blatantly disrespect Tae by having another man in my car and around our kids, and I damn sure wouldn't have the guy holding our son hand like he's his daddy. Then to bring her to my place of work just was the icing on the cake and it was embarrassing.

Julio came into the kitchen causing us to cease our conversation. "Y'all still ain't got no food ready?" He rubbed his stomach. "I ain't all day."

I chuckled "We set our grapes, cheese, and mini sandwiches."

"Man them greedy ass church folks ate it all." He held a mug on his face.

I went in the refrigerator and handed him another sandwich tray. "Here, sit this one out."

"Nope, me and Duke gone share this in the backyard. When Tae get back tell him that's where we at."

"You tell him" I went back to mixing my cake batter. I was making one strawberry, one chocolate, and two vanilla since that was everybody's first choice. I would've gotten a cake made but the party was last minute so I didn't have time, and Ms. Karen preferred home cooked everything anyway.