49. just friends

STORY CREATED BY justauthoring

You could leave it all behind.

He'd done this to you time and time again, you were tired. You were tired of the game, making you believe he really meant it this time. That he wanted to take whatever this was a step further and make it official.

You'd made the mistake of falling in too deep and now you were left in the dust. And you knew by the look on his face that this was only temporary, he'd come back. Bellamy never managed to leave for long before he came running back, saying all the things he needed and wanted from you. And you be the silly one who'd accept his advances.

Shaking your head pleadingly at him, you whispered; "don't leave."

"I'm sorry," was all he said.

Sometimes being blind is fine,

Stepping towards him, you reached out for his hand but he pulled it away before you could grab it. Your face fell and your own hand fell to your side again. What hurt the most was he knew what he was doing, he knew he broke your heart just a bit more every time he left you. It stung to know that despite understanding this, he still did it.

You watched his eyes close in shame and you shook your head. Bellamy turned to walk away and you stepped forward in a haste; "please!" You bellowed, nothing in your brain allowing you to understand why he did this. Why he chose to ignore the clear love and affection you felt for him. Why Bellamy decided to push aside his own feelings. You wouldn't never understand and he'd never tell you.

"Y/N," Bellamy started. "I need to, let me go."

"Why so you can come running back later?" You snubbed, catching his attention.

If all you want is nothing at all.

"I'm not going to play these games anymore, Bell."

He shook his head, biting his lip in thought. Finding this the right time, you made the step to break the space between you two. This time your heart filled with hope as you reached out again, only this time you managed to catch his hand. Slipping your slim fingers through his wider ones, you let your E/C eyes pear up at him, giving him completely vulnerability.

You hoped that surrendering to him, showing Bellamy how serious you felt about this would help convince him.

You could always try again.

Looking down at you, Bellamy hesitantly squeeze your hand back. He loved you, he did. But every time the two of you grew close something clicked, and it was like warning bells in his ear constantly ringing. But he was tired of hurting you, tired of leaving you in the dust just because he couldn't handle his own thoughts.

You smiled, happy that he was accepting you. Maybe this time it wouldn't be another end just to start at the beginning once again. Maybe this time he'd accept you fully and you could finally shower him with the love he deserved and the love you felt for him. Leaning up, pressed your lips against both his cheeks, showering him in affection.

Your grin only widened when his arm wound around your waist, pressing you against him.

It hurts too much to know we've reached the end.

Maybe this time it would work.

'Cause we'll never be just friends.