19. say it first

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

You sit beside Bellamy as you both watch the sun setting in the bright sky. He looks towards you, admiring your smile as you gawk at the colors melting together into the sky.

On impulse, he places his hand on yours and you snap your head towards him, your smile turning to slight shock. Bellamy gives you a warm smile and you return it, leaning into his side as you continue to watch the view.

Slowly and eventually, his arms wrap around you, making you sigh peacefully. "I've never feel like this." You admit, sheepishly. As soon as the words come from your mouth, you regret them.

"What do you mean?" He inquires, resting his head onto yours.

"Like I feel right now. I don't know. It's dumb." You retreat under your mask, wishing you hadn't been so comfortable around him.

You and Bellamy are different. Neither of you had the luxury of a tedious and slow relationship. You were pushed together by a cruel twist of fate that had you both meeting on the ground, and that's how you became close like this.

You never had a first date and you certainly don't have a terrific meeting-for-the-first-time story. Your first kiss, though emotion filled and beautiful, was amongst the wreckage of camp – neither one of you knew if the other was still alive, and so a hug didn't seem worthy enough when you had spotted each other safe and breathing.

The relationship you have with Bellamy is different. You both voice your feelings to each other but those feelings are never about one another. You guess that he assumes that you like him. And you assume the same.

So in this moment, you opening up is a big step. One that you're not sure you should take.

"Nothing you say is ever dumb, baby." He breathes out a laugh, the noise calms you slightly but you can't help but feel to panic.

"I disagree." You laugh, hoping he drops the subject.

"Agree to disagree, then." Bellamy sits up, his thoughts running a thousand miles per second. He can sense what's about to come and, much like you, is not quite sure if it's time yet. "Y/N/N, talk to me."

"I'm used to being alone. Sleeping alone, in an empty bed, with empty arms." You begin, keeping your eyes on the horizon as he gazes at you. "But you, you're not what I'm used to." Turning to him, you look up at his big eyes.

"Yeah, well I'm hoping that you do get used to me." Bellamy smiles as he rubs the side of your arm that is wrapped around you, making you chuckle.

"You keep me guessing with things that you do." You shrug, letting out a breath. "I can never anticipate your next move. As a leader; sure. But as a... whatever we are; never."

He lets out a small laugh, "Maybe that's why we're right together."

You laugh, "Oh, I know it is. I know you're a genuine person, especially when it comes to me. I'm just waiting for our worlds to align, for the right moment to..." You cut yourself off, not wanting to say anything more.

"I know what you're going to say." Bellamy interrupts, his eyes wide with emotion as you meet his gaze. His heart is beating fast, he never thought you'd feel this too.

You shake your head, "Bell, I'm not going to say it. I'm never going to heal from my past if I run everytime it starts." You look up at him, almost gasping as how close he is to you. "I need to trust that you won't leave. Bellamy, I need you to say it first."

Bellamy furrows his eyebrows. Leaving was never an option for him. Despite the lack of label on your relationship, he admires and respects you. He loves you.

His lips part slightly as he watches your every move. "Y/N..."

"Please, baby." You furrow your eyebrows, begging. You don't want to lose him but you can't put your heart on the line. Bellamy is quiet, unable to say a word. Your eyes begin to water at the thought that maybe he doesn't love you. Maybe it was too soon to bring this up. "I need to know if I'm in this alone. Bellamy," you place your hand on his, "if you love me, say it first."

His hand leaves yours and you immediately close your eyes, not wanting to cry in front of him. With a sigh, you lean back and wonder why you ever thought opening up was a good idea.

That is until you feel Bell gentle place a tender finger under your chin, pulling you towards him. He rests his lips upon yours, leaving a slow and breathy kiss against your lips.

When he pulls back, he presses another soft kiss before he speaks. "I love you, Y/N."

You open your eyes, wondering if your brain jumbled his words to something that you want to hear. His full, pink lips are only inches away from yours and you can feel his laboured breathing.

Placing a hand on the side of his face, you look into his eyes. "Say it again."

He smiles widely, making the side of his eyes wrinkle up. "I love you.

"One more time." You laugh, feeling a weight being lifted from your chest.

"I love you!" He exclaims with a cute laugh, pressing his forehead against yours as he gently pushes you to lay your back on the ground. He hovers above you, arms still wrapped around your waist as he smiles from ear to ear. "Say it to me."

You pause, admiring him as you smile. "I love you, Bellamy."

"I know." He winks, making both of you laugh together. "And by the way, you're never alone. I admire and love who you are as a person. You're stronger than I'll ever be. You point me in the right direction even when I waver from that path. And I love you for everything you are and do and will ever do."

"I'm strong because of you." You respond, glancing at Bellamy's lips and myriad of freckles upon his face. "You make me want to be as ambitious as you are. You have such a big heart, Bellamy. And I know I'll be thankful for the rest of my life that I'm a part of it."

Without a pause after your sentence, Bell latches his lips onto yours and you can't help but smile into the kiss. He's never felt so much love for anyone in his life. It's like something has completely taken over him.

He continues to kiss you, wearing a smile of his own as he presses his body against yours. "I love you." He mumbles in between kisses, "I love you, baby."

"I love you more." You whisper back when he opts from the kiss to press his forehead against yours once again.

For once, you feel like you're in a real relationship. You're both saying three words to each other for the first time and it could not be more perfect.