3. heartbeat

STORED CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

The feeling of being rescued was an odd sense of freedom you hadn't felt before. You sit on the bed in medical, watching Abby Griffin rushing around the room to the stethoscope. Smiling to yourself, you admire how hard she's working to keep the survivors alive. You were pulled from the wreckage with minimum wounds by a recon team that was sent to find the location of the stations that landed. You can't remember much about it, but you remember the feeling.

Bellamy Blake marches into the medial wing, brown eyes scanning for a particular doctor. You sit with your back facing the door and Abby places the cold end of the stethoscope to your lower back, "Breathe in and out as you normally would. I'll be with you in a second Bellamy."

Bell watches on, waiting for Dr Griffin to have a spare minute in her busy schedule. Turning to face the boy at the doorway, you sigh. "Please tell her I'm fine." A smile makes its way to the man's lips, making your cheeks heat up.

Abby looks to him, rolling her eyes playfully as she rests the stethoscope around her neck. "Tell her I'm doing my job. And that cut won't stitch itself, you know?" She points to your arm, blood starting to soak through your shirt.

"I'm happy to help." Bellamy speaks up, stepping forward. Connecting your eyes with his for a few seconds, you feel slightly intimidated by his stare. The older woman's eyes shift between the two of you, sensing something in the air.

"Abby, I'm alright." You croak, giving her a smile, "Go look after the children, they need it more than me." With only a look of amused defeat, she exits the room and rushes away to her next patient. "Hi." You speak. It's quiet as Bellamy shifts through the drawers, finding what he needs to stitch the cut on your shoulder.

"Hi." Bellamy holds back a smile as he sits down beside you, "Can I?" His fingers hover over the collar of your shirt next to your shoulder.

"Go ahead." There's a smile of your own etched onto your features as you talk to him. Bellamy steadies his uneven breath, confused as to why he felt so nervous sitting next to you. Pulling your shirt down your arm, he exposes your collar bone. "Thanks. For everything. I know you were running the other recon team." You begin talking as he uncaps the bottle of rubbing alcohol, "Abby told me you did great."

He nods, looking down at the cotton swab doused in liquid, "Thanks." He lifts it up, one hand resting on your lower arm. "This is going to hurt but I promise it'll be over soon, okay?"

You nod. "Okay." He places the sterile swab over your wound, causing you to instantly whimper and tilt your head back. He watches your reaction, a stern look on his face as he removes it. You let out a small grunt, looking back at the wound, it's red and irritated but compared to how everyone else is doing you're extremely lucky. Bellamy's fingers fiddle with the thread and metal, preparing the needle by dipping it into the alcohol.

"Y/N, right? Tell me about yourself." Not only is he interested in hearing about your story but he knows you'll need something to get your mind off the discomfort and pain you're about to endure.

"I'm 20. My favourite colour is green because it reminds me of trees." You begin, smiling to yourself, "I've never seen a tree."

Bell chuckles as the sharp tip of the needle pierces your skin, you wince quietly. "I guess we'll have to change that."

Your slight frown turns into a small smile, "I guess we will."

For the next minute or two, you talk to Bellamy as you keep your eyes on his concentrated expression. Apparently he learnt his elite stitching skills from none other than Clarke Griffin herself, Abby's legacy. Bellamy stands beside Abby, outside of the room where you tie your shoes. He's promised to take you outside - to show you Earth.

Abby stands with her hand placed on her hip and when Bells done updating her on everyone that's in medical, she speaks up. "She likes you."

He's taken aback, firstly wondering what she's talking about but secondly wondering if it's true. "How do you know?"

"I heard her heart start beating faster when she looked at you."

---

guess whose back :)))