34. i forgive you

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

The tears blurring your vision doesn't stop you from spotting Bellamy Blake in the crowd. You can't help your heart from sinking to the bottom of your chest. You know what you need to do but you're not sure if you can. It all hurts too much - Bellamy taking Pikes side, the killing of the grounder army. You have to end it and you have to end it now. His eyes land on you as he walks, giving you a small smile. Bellamy already knows how you feel, he knows you're against Pike and everything he stands for but he's convinced that in time, you'll see things his way.

He places his hands on your waist, pulling you close to him. Usually you'd be blushing and smiling but not today. He pulls back, "What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to you." You tell him, swallowing the lump in your throat. Your palms sweat and you feel your heart race at how nervous you've already become. "We were meant to be a team." You breath, feeling tears prick your eyes. "But we're not anymore. You're on Pike's side, you've done this on your own. You're going down a path that I can't go down, Bellamy."

His lips part and he's convinced he's stop breathing. He knows exactly where this is going, but somehow a part of him can't believe it's actually happening. "We always said we were going to be there for each other." He states, not being able to control how his breath is becoming ragged and uneven.

"I can't be with you on this, Bell. I don't want to be." You wipe the tears from under your eyes.

"Baby, you don't have to do this." He begs, not knowing if he can handle losing you. "Y/N, I'm doing what I believe is right."

You frown, avoiding his pleading eyes. You both know he can convince you to stay if he tries hard enough, after all Bellamy is your weakness. You shake your head, feeling your heart break as you respond, "I know, Bell. That's what makes it worse."

You walk with your head hanging low, not wanting to look up at anyone - their sad expressions will just remind you of what happened. Pike is out of control. His hate for grounders has gone too far this time, causing Lincoln's death. You aren't sure how to feel. The only person who could make this better is on the wrong side. Even though he's currently sitting captive inside a cave, there's nothing you can do to get him back.

As a group, you make your way inside the tent one by one, everyone unsure of what to do now. What were you supposed to do? One of your friends was murdered. "Where's Lincoln?" You hear Bellamy ask, his voice shaky and afraid.

You meet his eyes for only a few seconds before you look down. Octavia's shoulders tense as she looks to him.Rapidly and skillfully, Octavia swings her arm back and connects it with the side of Bellamy's cheek.

You gasp, watching her pause for a second before she continues. "Octavia!" You call out, stepping forward and placing your hand on her arm. "Stop."

She pushes you away and you look down, knowing how much anger she must be feeling right now. "Y/N, let her." Bellamy speaks up, his voice hoarse and raspy. You look at him, barely being able to stand the way blood is beginning to drip down his chin. Lunging forward, she balls her fist up and punches him relentlessly.

You only watch on for a few seconds, letting the tears roll down your cheeks. There's nothing you can do. Turning around, you feel sick to your stomach as your arms wrap around yourself. All you can do is look at the ground, trying to ignore the noises you hear.

"Please, stop." You beg her one last time, your voice shakes as you cry for him. Feet place themselves before you and you look up to see Kane. Opening his arms, you run into them and begin sobbing. Currently, everything's a mess. Kane places his hand on your upper back, patting it gently as he watches Octavia step away from her brother. You step away from Kane.

"You're dead to me." She tells him, her eyes glossy as she looks at the person who used to mean the universe to her. The ends of her hair flick Bellamy's nose as she turns and leaves, the others trailing behind her until you're the only one left. Bellamy's chest heaves, blood running down his cheeks from the cuts Octavia inflicted on him.

"You're here." He observes, looking up at you, "Thank g-god you're still here." He breathes, his voice in a quiet whisper. He thought he had lost everyone.

You feel your heart sinking as you walk up to him, kneeling in front of him. "I'm here, Bell." You breathe, your hands shaking as you lift his chin to face you. He doesn't say anything just yet, he just watches you tearing a piece of fabric from his shirt.

He grabs your hands, "D-Don't." He orders, using what's left of his strength to move your hand away from his face.

"Let me help you." You almost beg, "I can't stand seeing you like this."

"No." He replies, wiping his mouth with his sleeve, he winces. "I deserve this." You're not sure what to say to him. You want so badly to tell him to shut up so you can help him, but his eyes staring into yours makes you freeze. "I deserve everything." He adds, tears slipping past his eyes freely, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Furrowing his eyebrows, Bellamy lets out choked sobs. It breaks your heart.

Quickly, you gently take him into your arms and you can't help but close your eyes at the feeling of hugging him after so long. "I forgive you." You mutter, pulling back as the tips of your fingers graze his cheeks.

Not wanting to let himself indulge in the luxury of temporary happiness, Bellamy keeps his eyes on you and tries to block out the pain radiating through him. "You shouldn't."

Lifting the fabric up, Bellamy doesn't pull your hand away. "Bellamy, I still love you."

"You shouldn't." He repeats, now quieter. With every careful wipe, the blood coating Bellamy's tan face begins to fade but what he's done still remains.