17. meet again

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

You're not sure how long you've been at the edge of this cliff for. But you know you don't have much longer. These are your last moments. There's no point looking for a way out, you're stuck here. So you wait, either for your death or a miracle. What's left of the ground beneath you begins to shake and you whimper in fear. Maybe this is the end for you. Maybe you were never meant to live on Earth.

"Hey!" Someone calls from above, you can barely hear the voice from how loud your heart is, "Up here." You stay completely still, wondering if the voices you hear from above count as a miracle or a delusion.

Craning your head up, you see figures looking down at you, "Please help me!" You beg, squinting your eyes as you try to see who's up there. Hopefully they're not grounders here to kill you.

"Y/N?" The voice calls out. Bellamy's breath hitches as he looks down at you with wide eyes. He honestly thought he would never see you again.

Murphy speaks up, his eyes cast down on you, "You know her?" He looks to Bellamy, who tries to ignore the look Finn gives him. All Finn wants to do is leave.

"I knew her on the Ark." Bell replies, stepping away from the edge. You furrow your eyebrows, wondering if you'll be rescued or left for dead. Finn pulls Bellamy aside and you look down, knowing you can't hold on any longer.

"We'll come back for her." Finn assures Bell, giving him a desperate look.

He shakes his head, "No. We're getting her now."

You let out a loud scream as the rocky edge beneath you collapses and you're left gripping onto the tree beside you. Bellamy rushes to the edge, his eyes land on you, "Y/N, hold on!"

"I can't." You shout back as you feel tears begin stinging your eyes. Your chest heaves erratically as you look down. It's a long and painful way down, "It hurts!"

"Focus on me, on my voice." Bellamy tells you, hoping you'll listen to him. He hasn't seen you in so long and now that he's finally found you, he doesn't want to lose you, "I won't let you fall, okay? You just have to hold on a little longer... for me."

"Bellamy," You whine, feeling tears stream down your cheeks, "I don't know..."

He swallows nervously, looking at how your face is scattered with cuts from the landing. He wishes he could get rid of the pain but he's too far away. "Yes you can, Y/N. You're strong. I'm not gonna let you die. I promise."

A few minutes later, your arms are killing you. They shake, a burning sensation shooting through your right arm so intense you think it might be broken. As a breeze sends chills along your spine, you silently ponder if they've left you. You know they've thought about it, especially Finn - it's not like you're deaf, you heard his reluctant words when Bell had put them to work on making a new rope. Hearing footsteps from above, you look up. He's there! He's coming to rescue you. Excitement rushes to your chest, mixing in with the nervousness already present. Bellamy quickly makes his way down, one hand holding the rope another against the edge of the earth. "Just hang on." He grunts breathlessly, looking down, "I'm nearly there."

Reaching his hand out, his places it on your lower back. You can't help but keep your eyes on him, remembering when you two were close. It seems so long ago now. He pulls you closer to him, his eyes glancing between you and the unsettling fall under him. "Thank you." You tell him, sniffing as you blink the tears away.

He gives you a small smile, happy to be this close to you again, "Don't thank me yet." He looks at your hands as you grip onto the tree, "I've got you, you can put your arms around me."

Your eyes widen, "I don't-"

"Remember on the Ark," He interrupts you, his voice gentle and reassuring, "At that stupid ball we went to. You wanted to dance with me." He smiles fondly and it takes your mind off your impending death, "And you somehow convinced me to."

Nodding, you remember how lovely that night was, "You're a terrible dancer."

He chuckles softly, "Well, it's just like that. Put your arms around me like you did before." Still not sure, you gulp the dryness in your throat away. You feel the fear inside your chest but you do it anyway. As you wrap your arms around his neck, your bodies swing slightly but he holds you steady. "I got her!" Bell yells to his friends above, "Pull us up!"

"Don't you worry guys, I won't drop ya." Murphy shouts back, grunting as he pulls on the seat belts. Making your way up the side of the cliff, you feel Bell's hands grip onto your shirt tightly and for some reason it makes you feel a tiny bit better. He was being honest, there's no way he's going to let you fall. Hearing loud grunts from above, you're suddenly dropped a metre down. You yelp as you cling to Bellamy, wondering what happened. When you begin sobbing into his chest, he rubs your back comfortingly.

"Bellamy, you gotta cut her loose!" Finn yells.

"No." Bellamy shouts back incredulously.

Thinking it over, you speak up, "It's okay." You tell him, "I'll understand if you do it."

"Y/N, there's no way in hell I'm leaving you." He says as your bodies swing left to right, making you feel dizzy. You turn to him, your breath mixing with his, "Just hang on."

Murphy, Finn, and Monroe continue pulling at the rope with everything they've got. Their hands burn and their muscles ache but in no time at all, you can see them. Placing his hand on your lower back, Bellamy guides you up the edge and when you're on safe land, you sink to the ground. Looking up at the sky, Bell watches you breathe and he smiles, "Now you can thank me."