31. extraction

En başından başla

-

"Let's try this again shall we." Cage gritted his teeth as he wiped away your spit from his face. You glared at him as you were forced onto the table, thick straps tying you down. "This time, don't be stupid."

"Giving yourself a pep talk? That's always good," you sneered.

He grabbed your chin roughly, making you look at him. "Shall I tell them to just drain you straight away?"

"Isn't that what they're doing anyway?"

"For you well make an exception."

"Special treatment? That's hardly fair."

"I will kill every single person you care you," he threatened.

"You already have."

Cage stayed silent, he looked up to one of the other men before looking back to you. "I heard that your boyfriend is in the control room. So, when I'm done with you," his voice got lower as he gazed over your body. "When I'm really done with you...And I'm not just talking about the extractions." He grinned. "I'll drag your dead body to him, and I'll laugh and tell him how much you enjoyed it, just before I kill him too."

"Go to hell," you spat out at him.

"Sweetheart, that's where you're going."

-

The pain spread through your body as the drill stabbed into your leg, and that was just on the surface of your skin. You could hear everyone screaming, pleading for the men to stop, to just leave you alone. Kane tried to persuade them that you would all give your bone marrow willingly, so there wouldn't be a need to go through all of the mess that they were going through.

Cage didn't listen.

You weren't sure when Jasper had been brought in, or by who, but there was a commotion behind you that you couldn't see. You weren't sure what was going on but a small hiss in the vents broke out and suddenly everyone was choking. The Mountain Men gripped their throats, coughing and sputtering out as they dropped to their knees. You could just about see one of them. His skin was blistering and bleeding, something must have happened to make the radiation seep into the room.

Your leg stung as Abby made her way over, checking your leg before she quickly grabbed hold of some of the medical supplies, applying pressure to your leg. Kane came over to help, telling you that it was all over, that you were all going to go back home. A pained laugh came from your mouth as he helped untie you, Abby giving you a sad smile as she began to wrap your leg, saying how she would need to get back to camp to really take a look at it.

"Thank you," you mumbled out.

"It's going to be okay, you're safe now." She nodded, stroking your hair out from your face.

"What happened?" You asked. Octavia appeared in front of you, dressed as a Grounder. "Octavia?"

She nodded her head. "Good to see you're still alive."

"You too," you replied weakly, confused as to how she got there.

"Where is she?" You could hear Bellamy's voice yell out amongst the remaining delinquents who were now free of restraints. Abby stepped back when she saw Bellamy run in, he looked over at the table and stopped moving, his mouth opened and closed.

"Bellamy?" Your voice was sore, but the sound of it seemed to snap him from whatever he was thinking of as he made his way over.

"Hey." He smiled lightly.

"Could you help carry her out?" Abby asked him, even though she already knew the answer.

He nodded his head, placing his arms underneath you, gently lifting you up as your tired arms wrapped around his neck, trying to keep yourself up. Bellamy continued to look at you as he followed the rest of them out of the mountain. Apologising every time you winced from being jolted around as they walked through the woods. He stayed near the back with Clarke, occasionally looking back at the doors of the mountain.

"How'd you do it?" You asked weakly.

Clarke's jaw tightened. "We had Monty switch the fans so they sucked in the radiation instead of filtering it out," she explained, glancing over to you.

"You saved us." You sent a small smile towards her. "Thank you." You nodded.

"I let all those people die."

"They were going to let us die, even the Grounders. You saved more people than those you had to let go." Clarke sent you a forced smile, not really believing your words. "I didn't think I was going to see you again." You glanced at Bellamy.

"I didn't think it was going to work." He shook his head.

"Cage said something to me, it scared me more than the thought of dying. But it doesn't matter now." You sighed, laying your head against his shoulder as he continued to carry you back to camp.

"What did he say?" Bellamy raised an eyebrow.

"It's not important now."

"But it is."

"Can I tell you later?" You moved your head to look at him. "When we're back home?"

Bellamy nodded his head, still itching to know what Cage had said to you, but obviously dropped the subject as you laid your head against him, closing your eyes to fall asleep. He gently kissed the top of your head, knowing that they still had six hours to walk until they all got back to camp. He let out a sigh, a smile playing on his lips when he looked down at you, at least now you were safe and with him, and not in the hands of Cage and the Mountain Men.