Chapter 13

William's POV

"Stop pouting." I hiss at Reign as he lets out another whimper.

He lays down in my head ignoring me. He's mad that Reina beat him, and he's upset that his Alpha almost hurt him.

"She didn't mean to. She was just riled up after hearing people wanted to challenge her. Place you should be happy that we have our Alpha back."

He just huffs, but I know he is happy, like me, that Rose's spark is back. I could tell the rest of the pack noticed to by the way they were staring in awe at our sparring match. After we left, I mindlinked Kristin to monitor training today. Rose and I quickly took showers and gave ourselves a little bit of time to heal.

Luckily with the perk of being a werewolf our superficial cuts and bruises healed almost instantly, my broken jaw took a little longer to heal, but it's almost fixed. Unfortunately, the soreness will linger for a few days. I shove the pain to the back of my mind as I run downstairs to see Rose sitting impatiently.

"Finally! Let's go before Nancy leaves for crafting club."

I forgot Nancy had crafting club today, and suddenly felt a new sense of urgency. Even as her memory fades she still remembers when crafting club is and will not miss it. I swear even if our pack was in war she would insist she makes it to crafting club. When mom and dad first tried to move her into the nursing home she was so pissed, but then she found the crafting and was mad they hadn't moved her in sooner.

Rose and I quickly run out the door and make our way to the house in town that acted as a nursing community for the older wolves in the pack. It's like the packhouse just for elderly wolves. We quickly rush to her door and knock. The good news is we hear her behind the door. The bad news is we can hear her grumbling already about how she better not be late.

"Oh, Rose and William?! What a surprise." I can sense Rose smiling behind me, Nancy usually calls us our mom and dad, it's always nice when she remembers us, "You know I love it when you visit, but I'm getting ready to leave."

"We know you have craft club, and we don't want you to be late. We were just stopping by to see if we could borrow one of your books on werewolf legend."

"Now why would you want that?" she asks skeptically.

"William volunteered to read to the pups and thought it would be fun to teach them werewolf lore." Rose quickly said before I told her the truth.

"How sweet of you, Will." Nacy says pinching my cheek, "you can go grab whichever book you would like. They're in the living room. I am going to go to crafting club, so just shut the door after yourselves." she was about to leave before she stopped herself. "Oh, and when you bring the books back feel free to bring some of those cookies you know I like." She left with a wink.

As soon as she left I quickly rub my cheek, and Rose lets out her laughter. We make our way into the living room and began scanning the bookshelves. I was impressed with the number of books Nancy has on werewolf legends and lore. I grab two that look promising The God of Water, and Werewolves and Their Connections to the Elements. I tell Rose I'm ready to go. She nods, but before leaving her hand shoots out to grab an old book with a red gem on the cover.

I don't question it and we begin to make our way back to the packhouse. When we get inside we walk to the kitchen to grab some lunch before going to my room to read. As we are making our sandwiches my mom and dad walk in the room. My dad's expression is unreadable even though I see a hint of shock. My mom isn't hiding the smile that is prominent on her face.

"So I hear you want to take your role as Alpha seriously." My dad says to Rose.

Before she could respond my mom interrupted, "Oh my Goddess, I am so proud." she pulls Rose into a hug before turning her attention to me, "Are you okay? Some people said they heard snaps." before I could respond she was inspecting me brushing her hands across my face and arms.

I pull her into a hug to calm her wolf, "I promise I am okay mom." I can tell her wolf's mothering instinct is working in overdrive but she nods, "now if you don't mind Rose and I have some reading to do." we pick up our books but my dad's voice stopped up.

"Actually Rose, do you mind coming to my office." She nods handing me her book before following our dad.

"Well, it looks like it's time to hit the books," I tell Reign who just huffs.