"Tae-Taehyung, are y-you gay?" his mother asked cautiously. 

Taehyung looked at his mother weakly, eyes glazed over from unshed tears and a deep feeling of fear.

"M-mum-"

"TELL ME TAEHYUNG, ARE YOU GAY?!" this time, it was his mother shouting. 

The blue-head looked down, tears gushing down his face as he whispered an almost inaudible 'yes'.

And oh how he wishes he hadn't, because from the second on, his life was a living hell. 

A harsh slap echoes across the room, reddening the wet cheeks of the boy. 

Silence took on that family for what felt like an eternity, but in reality, was only a mere minute or two. 

"Honey," Taehyung's mum called out to his dad, eyes seemingly brightening up in thought.

"T-that college, Helville High, they cure p-people like him, t-they can help, darling, l-let's put him in there."

Taehyung's eyes widened at her words. "No!" he accidentally shouted, not meaning to actually voice his thoughts.  

Taehyung's father raised a brow, voice low but notably furious. "Okay, you have two choices. You can either pack your bags and leave this place, go live out in the streets, we will not be giving you any financial support and we will take you off our wills, we will disown you. OR," the man states, leaning closer to the boy, eyes narrowing menacingly."You can attend that college. You can live there instead until you get... until you're cured of this disease." 

Taehyung stared down at the hard floor, wishing for it to swallow him up. Was he to live out in the streets, with no money or any support, or was he to attend a school full of people who hated who he is. A school full of homophobes.

"Well?" his father urges.

Taehyung looks up pathetically. "I choose..."

~

Taehyung stumbles around the hallway, trying to find his first-period class. He has chemistry first, and boy was he glad. Chemistry is his favourite subject. The boy scratches his head while spinning a full 360º, trying to find any sort of direction in this massive building.

He walks backwards slowly but then stumbles upon hitting a hard surface. He spins back around only to find that he bumped into a group of students. 

"S-sorry," he says while bowing.

"Look where you're going, fag." One of the males in the group calls out. 

Taehyung freezes. There it is, that word again. He feels anxiety crawl along his skin. Is he being too obvious? Could people tell he is gay? 

At the lack of response from the blue-head, the blond-haired boy narrows his eyes and bends down to be face to face with him. "Wait... no way! You're not actually a fag, are you?"

Taehyung wanted to deny, wanted to state that he was just as straight as everyone else in this school, but his nerves got the best of him and his words got stuck in his throat. 

The blond lets out a throaty laugh, attracting the attention of the other boys in the group.  

"What's wrong, Yoongi?" 

"Boys, it looks like we have ourselves a homo."

The group collectively widen their eyes before breaking out into malicious laughter. 

"Wait till Jeon hears about this," one boy says. 

"Speaking of the devil," says another.

Just as he finishes, a tall ravenette approaches the group. His black locks are pushed back by a bandana, he wears his white shirt untucked, and carries with him the slight scent of cologne. He stares at the group with his charcoal eyes before lifting a questioning brow. "What are you all laughing about?"

The blond boy grips onto Taehyung's collar and pushes him forwards towards the ravenette. "We found a little faggot running around." 

Taehyung winces at the profuse use of that word. He ducks his head, not daring to meet his eyes with the ravenette. 

"Oh, is that so?" the ravenette speaks, amusement lacing his tone. "Well then..." he suddenly grabs onto Taehyung's jaw, tilting it up so the two meet eyes. The firm grip on his jaw causes little Taehyung to let out a whimper, pain searing through his face as the grip tightens. 

"...I guess this year is going to be much more fun than I anticipated."

-

A/N: I hope people read this book and start liking it. If you're reading this, thank you and ily❤️