23. smuggled love

Start from the beginning

The bodies collided with walls, and screams were heard, and you closed your eyes, contributing to the screams. Something was very wrong.

You refused to open your eyes as the sensation of falling continued, gripping the straps of the harness tightly, feeling the fabric digging into your skin. It finally stopped, your grip on the fabric loosening, and you took a shaky breath as you slowly opened your eyes, relief setting in.

"Oh my fuck, we're alive." You muttered to yourself, in disbelief, so overjoyed that you were on the verge of tears.

"Listen. No machine hum." You heard someone say, and it seemed that everyone was in the same state of disbelief.

"Whoa."

"Holy shit."

"That's a first."

There was a clicking noise, and you felt your restrains unlock, and you rushed to take them off, before jumping down through the center of the dropship, moving with the throng of people, eager to be free of a machine. You were also eager to get away from the bodies, not wanting to know if there were any casualties yet, which would put a damper on your mood.

You were stopped by a man who was definitely older than all of you, wearing a guard uniform, confusing you, because as far as you knew, you were supposed to be the oldest, a few days shy of 18.

"No! We can't just open the doors." Clarke yelled, and although you desperately yearned to see the outside, you knew that there was reason behind her words. There was no idea about what to expect, and suddenly your anxieties returned.

"Bellamy?" A girl asked, and the crowd seemed to part as she made her way up to the man. You fought the urge to make a face, because it was a pretty strange name, but it paled in comparison to some other strange names. like thelonius

You felt uncomfortable as they shared a hug, feeling as if you were interrupting an intimate moment, trying to place where you had seen the girl before, until it clicked. Octavia Blake, the girl underneath the floor. Which would mean that the man that had somehow wormed his way down here was her brother?

Your suspicions were confirmed as Octavia made a snide remark directed at Clarke, and suddenly whispers broke out, and this time you did not stop your eyes from rolling. People were so dense sometimes.

"Hey shut up!" You yelled as people started to jeer at her as she surged forward, her brother restraining her. You locked eyes with him momentarily, and he gave you a slight nod, silently thanking you for standing up for her.

His attention immediately shifted back towards his sister, urging her to calm down. "Let's give them something else to remember you by." He suggested.

"Yeah, like what?" She asked exasperated, rolling her eyes at her brother.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." He said, beaming at her, and you felt upset at how long this was taking.

Bellamy opened the door, and you felt a pit drop in your stomach, feeling excitement seeping out of your body. Your heart caught in your throat, tears beginning to fall from your eyes, an onslaught of fragrant smells overtaking you. It was bright and green, you never thought there could be this much green. An excited laugh escaped your lips as you looked up, seeing the sun illuminate the ground, and you felt the way that people seemed feel when first experiencing snow, according to the books you had read and the movies you had watched.

A warm breeze enveloped your body, your hair fluttering slightly, as you closed your eyes in utter bliss, inhaling the fresh air, your ears tingling with the absence of the soft hum of machinery.