Chapter 12- The Guardians of the Galaxy

Iris's POV:

I woke up and see myself and the others surround by Xandarians and parts of Ronan's ship behind us. I look around and see everyone getting up, except for Groot. I turn and see Rocket on his knees holding one of Groot's sticks.

"I called him an idiot." He sob as I walk up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. I was about to say something, hopefully to comfort him. But we then see Ronan emerging from the ship's wreckage, I look at Rocket and he was facing Ronan with anger.

"You killed Groot!" He yells, he then rushes over to him.

"Rocket No!" I shout, Ronan uses his warhammer power to throw Rocket aside. I rushed over to him to see if he was ok, he nodded notifying me that he is fine.

"Behold! You're Guardians of the Galaxy! What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance." Ronan states, I turn and notice Rocket's gun over in the distance. I tap on Rocket's shoulder to get his attention, once he looked up at me I motioned my eyes over at the gun. He smiled at me, understanding my plan. He motioned Drax to follow him and I quickly stepped over to Peter.

"Distract him." I whispered, he nodded and he had to quickly think of a way to distract him.

"People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand." Ronan said, as he prepare to destroy Xandar. Peter stands up and looks at Ronan.

"Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter." He looks at Ronan again. "Listen to these words." He starts singing again. "Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter" "Now bring it down hard!" He then starts dancing. "Some day, we'll get it together and we'll get it..."

"What are you doing?" Ronan ask in confusion.

"Dance off, bro. Me and you." Peter then points his finger at me and Gamora. "Gamora, Iris." He said, Trying to get us to dance. We both shook our heads declining the offer. "Subtle. Take it back."

"What are you doing?" Ronan ask again.

"I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom" Peter replies. Not a moment later, Rocket and Drax fires at Ronan's hammer. It Also caused the stone to be removed, I noticed that Ronan was trying to catch it. Without hesitation, I rushed over and reached over to grab the stone before he did.

"No!" Peter and Rocket yelled. Peter then grabbed my hand at the same time I grabbed the stone. We both were in pain and our skin was falling apart, cracks formed everywhere on our bodies, and a big black and purple cloud was surrounding all of us. I look around and notice two figures walking towards me. Once they got close I realized. It was my parents.

  "Mom, dad." I muttered. Tetra and Cenus smiled at me. I can't remember the last time they smiled at me like that.

"Iris, come with us." Tetra said, she pulls her hand out. Waiting for me to take her hand. I reached out to grab her hand, but then I stop. If I leave, I won't be able to see Rocket or the others ever again. I put my hand down. Tetra looked at me surprised. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry. I love you both so much. But I can't go with you." I said sternly. Tetra and Cenus looked at each other, and then they started to walk away. "Wait, where you going!? Don't leave please!" I then here a fainted voice. Making me come back to my senses

  "Peter! Take my hand!" Gamora yells as she reaches for his hand. Peter looks at Gamora and reached his hand out. They were both holding hands and Gamora started screaming in pain. I then See Drax struggling to Reach for Gamora's hand, as he manage to grab her hand he started screaming in pain as well.