Chapter 6- Getting along

Rocket's POV:

I was tearing parts of the ship so I can gets some parts to make a bomb, you never know when you need one. As I was putting the parts together I see Iris coming this this way. I don't know why, but ever since we started talking. I can't help but get curious about her, she seems different from other people I talked to.

"Hey." I said, getting Iris's attention.

"Hey." She greeted as she sits next to me, on the floor.

"What are you making?" She asked.

"A bomb." I responded.

"Don't you think Peter, is gonna get mad at you for tearing parts of his ship?" She chuckled.

"I don't care" I scoffed. "But hey, you did really good, back at the Klyn. Suppose your parents didn't teach you to defend yourself like that?" I asked

"No, I taught myself." She laughed "My parents wanted me to be all nice and proper like any other princess."

"Speaking of that, I wanted to ask you...How come you don't like being called a princess?" I asked. I see her looking down.

       "I'm sorry if I made you upset" I apologized

        "No, you didn't." she said. She looks back at me "The reason I don't like being called princess, is because I don't deserve it" She answered. I stopped working on my bomb and look at her.

         "What, Why don't you think you deserve it?" I asked.

         "Ever since my family got killed, I couldn't help but think of how I treated them. I didn't follow their rules, I always get a attitude with them. All what they were trying to do is help me, and I kept pushing them away." She responded as she looked down again. I look down and put my hand on top of hers, we both stared and looked at each others eyes.

         "I understand, but just because of those things you did in the past, doesn't mean you shouldn't be called one." I said. Still looking at her beautiful eyes. "But if you still don't like to be called that, It's fine. And I if you need anyone to talk to you, I'm here" I smiled

         "Thanks, Rocket" she smiled back as she pets my head. I continue working on the bomb,until Quill came in.

Iris's POV:

      "Yo, Ranger Rick! What are you doing? You can't take apart my ship without asking me!" He snapped, he then notice the bomb on the floor. "What is this?" He asked as he reached for it.

        "Don't touch that! It's a bomb" Rocket answered as he pushed Peter's hand away.

        "A bomb? And you leave it lying around?" He asked with a shocked face.

        "I was gonna put it in a box." Rocket defended as he pulled a crate out from under a small table.

         "What's a box gonna do!?" He asked.

          "How about this one?" Rocket pulled out a box covered in bright colored paper and with a bow on top.

"No! Hey! Leave it alone." Peter yelled as he put the box back in the crate.

"Why, What is-"

"Shut up!" Peter then notice another device on the floor.

"What is that?" He asked

"That's for if things get really hardcore...Or if you wanna blow up moons" Rocket mention.

"No one's blowing up moons." Gamora implied

"You just wanna suck the joy out of everything" he muttered, still working on his devices. Me and Peter then gather around the table with Drax and Gamora.

"So, listen I'm gonna need your buyer's coordinates" Peter said to Gamora.

"We're heading in the right direction. For now" Gamora stated as she holds the orb.

"If we're gonna work together, you might try trusting me a little bit." He said.

"How much do you trust me?" She asked.

"I'd trust you a lot more if your friend told me what this is." He said as he grabs the orb from Gamora's hands and putting it on the table. Everyone started looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"The orb is not what Ronan is after, it's what's inside of it. They call it a infinity stone" I said crossing my arms.

"How do you know?" Peter asked.

"Ronan told me, apparently. And he also told me that my parents, are the ones that created it." I mention.

"So that's why Ronan kept you for all these years." Gamora said.

"Yea.The thing is though, I don't know what it does or how it works. But I think it's some kind of weapon." I said. Drax snatches the orb from the table.

"If it's a weapon, we should use it against Ronan." He said proudly.

"Put it down, you fool. You'll destroy us all." Gamora snapped.

"Or just you, murderess" He snapped back.

"I let you live once, princess!" Gamora shouted as she steps closer to Drax

"I am not a princess! The princess here is her." he pointed to me.

"I let the last time you called me that, slide. But call me that again and see what happens!" I yelled

"Hey! Nobody is killing anybody on my ship! We're stuck together until we get the money" Peter yelled.

"I have no interest in money." Drax replied as he tossed the orb back to Peter and walks away. I turn and see Rocket walking closer the table, standing next to me.

"Great,That means more money for the four of us" he said happily.

"I am Groot"

"For the five of us. Partners." He corrected.

"We have an agreement, but I would never be partners with the likes of you. I'll tell the buyer we're on our way. And Quill, your ship is filthy" Gamora said as she climbs up the ladder to the top floor of the Milano.

            "She has no idea. If I had a black light, the place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting" Peter said being proud.

           "Disgusting." I said covering my mouth.

           "You got issues, Quill." Rocket responded as me and him walked away.

       Two chapters in one day! 😁 I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. I promise things will get spicy between Iris and Rocket soon, especially in the next chapter. 😉