Chapter Sixteen

One year Later

Khushi knocked at the door of Arnav's cabin, waiting to be permitted inside while Arnav was busy explaining something to Aman, a girl around her mid-twenties stood next to Aman with her back in Khushi's direction. Arnav looked up at the sound of the knock and smiled at Khushi. Khushi returned the gesture.

"I didn't mean to interrupt.

"Well then.. you shouldn't have." Said the woman glaring at Khushi. Khushi sighed, rolling her eyes at the girl. She had become so used to such obnoxious creatures in the last few months that sometimes she didn't even pay any attention to their existence, let alone their words. 

"Come in doll, you didn't even have to knock." Arnav said softly after throwing a sharp glare in the girl's direction. 

Khushi nodded, stepping inside the cabin and proceeded to stand next to Arnav, who immediately wrapped her arms around her waist in a possessive manner. The girl fumed, making Khushi chuckle internally. Arnav smirked at her.

"Hello Aman-ji." Khushi chirped at Aman.

"Hi Khushi. What brought you here today?" Aman asked with a smile, after khushi had joined (and completed) her internship with The Raizada-Jha law firm, she was more or less a constant visitor of AR Fashions too, sometimes on the pretext of accompanying her brother to attend to AR's legal matters and other times just to have lunch with Arnav or spend her break with him. Quite obviously, almost everyone knew who she was (especially after what happened to sheetal) and most of the AR's staff adored the bundle of joy. Aman and Khushi were best friends in no time, to no one's surprise.

"I brought your friend lunch." Khushi told aman, raising the lunch carrier a little as evidence.

Aman nodded.

"ASR is going to have lunch with me.. I mean us. Me and Aman, right ASR?" Interjected the girl with a proud look.

Khushi frowned. "What's your name?" She asked.

"Srishty." She answered. Khushi nodded. 

"Did you have a prior appointment with Miss Srishty, Annav?" Khushi asked turning to Arnav.

Arnav shook his head. "We were discussing something and she had requested that we continue the discussion at lunch. I had not given any formal consent." Arnav explained to Khushi who nodded.

Turning to Srishty, she spoke sweetly. "I assume that's your cue to get the hell out of his cabin?

Srishty looked at Aman and Arnav, as the former shrugged and the latter kept a poker face before she left feeling humiliated.

Arnav broke into a huge fit of laughter as soon as the door was closed. "Well done Ms. Jha" He looked at her approvingly.

"I just don't like the girl who think they own the whole world when they can't even afford their own drinks." She said flatly. 

Arnav engulfed her into his arms. "You are my beautiful and feisty lioness and I love you.

"I know." Khushi said relaxing in the enclosure of his arms.

"Get a room." Aman exclaimed.

"We're not kissing yet." Arnav said matter of factly. "There's nothing 'get a room-ish' in a normal hug.

Khushi blushed, but didn't retreat from the hug

"You've made her Shameless." Aman said jokingly.