Chapter Twelve

In the last update- Shyam Anjali and Arnav meet Khushi for the first time after knowing that she was indeed their choti/chutki/doll.  Arnav later tells Khushi about her being a part of their family.

Rathore Group of Industries,
Main Office.
Mumbai, India.

Avinash Singh Rathore was skimming through a file. His eyes shifting restlessly between the pages. He pushed his spectacles further upwards, sighing tiredly.

As was specified by you. MK Gandhi School of Law was never told about the relationship that you and Khushi mam share and keeping that particular piece of information in mind, we could not ask the college authorities to give out any information about her.” Sameer informed his boss with a hint of apology in his voice. "On the bright side, even Atharv and Anirudh Sir don't know anything about her whereabouts in Delhi."

This information was to be concealed for her safety..” Avinash argued weakly.

I am aware of the reasons, sir. What was supposed to be a precaution for her safety from Atharv backfired on us.” Sameer said sadly. 

Is there no way for us to find out where khushi is?” Avinash asked.

There is always hope, Mr. Rathore.” A girl in her late twenties entered the room wearing a maroon coloured one piece dress. 

***

Arnav was sitting in his office, a half empty mug of coffee was resting on the table in front of him. He picked his intercom and rang his manager. 

My cabin. Five minutes!” Arnav ordered into the intercom leaning into his seat.

He shut his laptop, locked his cabinet while Aman knocked on his door.

Come in.” Arnav instructed.

You needed me?” Aman asked sitting on the chair in front of him

Arnav nodded. “I'm leaving early today, is there any meeting or conference lined up for me?

"None." Aman informed him. 

"Can I ask you for a favor Aman?" Arnav asked hesitantly.

Aman frowned, sensing the hesitance in his best friend’s voice was the last thing that he had expected to happen today.

“You know that you can ask me anything.” Aman said calmly.

I want you to handle Anirudh & Atharv Rathore. Keep them away from Khushi. I know that her parents have kept her location a secret and now that I have instructed the Management of MK Gandhi to not give out information about Khushi to anyone she's a lot more safer but I still can't risk it in her matter. Keep them at a safe distance from Khushi and if it's possible,  prove their involvement in attempting to attack khushi. Give them the punishment that they deserve.” Arnav ordered him, sounding more like a request to the ears of Aman who has witnessed both the best and the worst phases of Arnav Singh Raizada.

Aman smiled. "I'll try my best Arnav. No harm will reach anywhere near your doll." Aman assured him.

Arnav smiled back gratefully. 

"Aman, Send Sheetal in my cabin after a few minutes." Arnav told Aman who had turned to leave his cabin.

Aman turned. "You're BFF is on a leave today." He informed Arnav with a scowl on his face.