Chapter Thirteen

Update dedicated to all the people I dearly love

Barbie242

ChandrikaThumalla

MithuMeera

suryakavi0912

Mitalchauhan8

AryaARshi

Twinkle_Alisha

Ananya_malik

ArShi_Angel

"Who are you?" Arpita asked, seeing a girl with minimal clothing and excessive makeup standing in the middle of her living room. Her husband was standing at a little distance from the girl.

"My name is Sheetal." Sheetal held her hand out for a formal shake. 

Arpita nodded, confused and looked at her husband for help. 

"She claims to know where our daughter is." Avinash informed her, making the wife gasp.

Sheetal smiled politely at her. 

"When we have put all our resources together to locate our daughter and failed. How do you know where our Khushi is?" Arpita asked surprised. 

Sheetal smirked, “She is in Delhi. She is living with Arnav Singh Raizada and his family for the last few months.” 

Arnav Singh Raizada?!” Arpita exclaimed, “How did she end up there?

Might have caught Arnav Singh Raizada’s eye. And ASR has a reputation of getting what he wants. By hook, or by crook.” Sheetal said with a hint of warning in her voice, sending chills down the couple’s spines.

Is she safe?” Arpita asked, worry clouding her mind like mist and fog. Avinash looked equally worried.

Yes, I suppose she’s okay. She will be fine as long as she is needed by ASR. I can take you to her tomorrow and you can bring her back.” Sheetal said kindly

Sheetal had the couple, just where she wanted them. 

***  

The next morning, The family had gathered at the dining table for a quick, quiet breakfast. Everyone was busy piling up their plates with breakfast, while three of them had a smile on their faces, one had a permanent scowl plastered on hers. 

Arnav stole a glance of Khushi who had was frowning cutely, gesturing towards a scowling Anjali. 

"Why the long face, Di?" Arnav asked, and received a murderous glare in response. 

Shyam chortled, disguising it as a cough. "You look.. look scary Anjali." He said taking her hand in his own. "Why are you looking so upset?

Anjali snatched her hand out of his, "Nothing."  She mumbled.

Khushi nudged Arnav. "What's wrong?" She asked in a whisper. 

"I'll tell you later." He assured her, in a whisper as well.

"Choti, I forgot to mention last night that your application for internship has been approved." Shyam informed her, diverting Anjali's attention to Khushi and she smiled brightly.