"Kids, would you mind giving us some space? Why don't you get yourselves ready for bed. Isla and Luke, would you mind helping Theo?" You ask them.

Thankfully, although he's only two he is pretty self-sufficient. It's probably somewhat to do with his abilities.

They nod obediently and do as they're told. At least when it comes to it Luke is good like that.

You set to dabbing his forehead with the damp cloth. He doesn't feel hot or anything, just a little pale but at least it must be somewhat soothing. He lays there pretty much silently, eyes resting closed, cringing slightly, massaging his temples every once and a while while you stroke the cold water across his forehead.

"How are you feeling? Did you want to go to bed?" You ask at around 10pm.

"It's gotten worse. I don't think I can stand up doll, I'll just sleep out here sorry." He croaks.

"That's okay, I'm staying out here with you though. I'll try find some painkillers and see if they help you and I'll set the fire and get you a blanket." You sigh, concerned and stand up.

He swallows, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. "Thanks doll."

You do exactly as you said you would and end up sitting on the floor in front of him, resting your head on the couch and looking up at his cute face as you continue to gently dab at his forehead.

Whether the painkillers work or not you aren't sure, but eventually he drifts off to sleep, and soon you follow suit, your hand still resting on his face.

Bucky's POV:

"Y'know, this's gotta be human abuse, y'know that right?" Thomas complains with chattering teeth as we walk along the roofs of the lookouts, scuffing his boots on the concrete making the currently hollow spaces below us echo.

"Y'know, I really don't think they care." I joke sarcastically as I rub my arms profusely trying to warm them up, my breath forming a cloud in front of me.

"Pfft, feeding us nothing and then lumping is out here in the cold expecting us to work for them? How do they think that's gonna work?" He continues.

"Because." I grunt as we jump across a ledge and onto the next concrete block, the moonlight peaking through the tall pine trees the only thing lighting out way. "They will kill us all if we don't do it."

"But how can we when we are starving and sleep deprived?"

"You'll be surprised what fear can do to people." I point out. "Speaking of, we should really head back. If they realise we snuck out of the cell they'll come after us and I don't want to know what kind of punishment we would receive."

"Aw come on Barnes, just live a little!" He insists.

"I don't know about you, but I've got a family I'd actually like to make it back to thanks, and a daughter that I really want to meet at some point soon. Plus, I don't exactly find joy in the stinging feeling in my fingers right now since it's so bloody cold."

"Yeah? Well, my brother's stuck out here too. I've got nothing to loose." He huffs.

"But I'm sure Falsey would appreciate you coming back to the barracks tonight."

"Fine, we can head back if it means that much to you. Sorry, I just wanted some fresh air and to get out of that musty place for a minute. Thanks for coming with me." He sighs.