Chapter 6 - We're Not Broken Just Bent

This time Nate and I made everything better. We weren't able to spend more time yesterday, because Nate was busy with their new album, but we changed numbers, yay! Since yesterday I had been the happiest girl in the whole world, at least that's what it felt like. I could hardly concentrate at school the next morning. Every few minutes I was looking on my phone for a message from Nate. We had discussed that we wanted to talk to my parents today after school. As soon as possible. At 11am finally a message came: "Hey, Cutie! I just got up ;) May I fetch you after school?" I smiled and was jealous at the same time. Jealous because he could sleep as long as he wanted to. But also happy because a boyfriend with his own car was great. "Heyyy, I wanna sleep until 11am, too! Never mind, I'll wait after school :*", I answered. "Great, I'll be there! x", Nate texted back at once. I sent a kiss to him, too, and packed away my phone. Maybe I should at least try to listen to my teacher, I thought.

---

Nate was standing in front of my school exactly on time. Again, I wondered how much he earns...you aren't collected by someone driving something like this everyday. I didn't know what it was, because cars are something I'm really not into, but I knew that it was big and expensive. I walked over to him and felt great. Not only because I was fetched by someone like him. And that was an important point, because probably everybody except me knew fun. before. But also because I was so happy to see Nate. It felt like an incredible moment...Nate and I smiling at each other when I walked towards him. But probably it was just the love that made me feel like this. Because when I looked around I noticed that nobody was watching me. Well, at least I was there with Nate. He gave me a short kiss when I reached him.

"Get in, sweetie", he said and opened my door.

"Yeah, get in for a drive to hell", I responded.

"Watch out, don't be too positive", Nate answered a bit sarcastic, "as you told me yourself, your parents are quite liberal. So I don't see a big problem."

"Well, I do. And you don't know my parents", I said. I knew, I shouldn't insult him, but I was too nervous right now. I knew, this wouldn't get easy.

"Julie, I know that. I just think you should be a bit more optimistic...", Nate said.

I didn't respond to this, because I didn't know what to respond. It would be hard, that was sure.

---

"Well, here we are", I said as we stopped in front of my house.

Nate was the gentleman again and opened my door. We walked towards our house, me terribly nervous, Nate much too calm. I wondered why.

I had told my parents that I would bring my new boyfriend along, because I wanted to introduce him to them. But I didn't tell them who it was. And I didn't tell them how old he was.

I opened the door and Nate followed me curious.
"I'm home", I shouted towards the living room. A few seconds later they were already getting out there and waiting to get to know my mysterious boyfriend.

"Well, this is Nate", I said feeling my heart beating hard.
"I know", my Mum said.

I looked at her, stunning. She didn't seem to be surprised somehow, neither did my Dad. They were both looking...happy? I wasn't sure.

"What are you talking about?", I asked her, but she didn't respond.

"You two are probably hungry, aren't you?", my Dad asked and changed the topic. "I just made something for lunch."

"I am...", I said following them into the kitchen. But not without giving Nate a confused look. But he just smiled. Well, he wasn't actually helping me here.

"Please, have a seat", my Mum said and we all sat down.

"I guess, we have some people in this room, who really have to explain me something", I told them.

My Mum laughed. "I guess, you're right."

"Then, start. Because I have no clue what's going on here at the moment...", I said and waited.

"Well, sometimes you think we're more stupid than we actually are. Louis has already told us how nice you two were together when you have been in the studio. And the next day he has told us that you two were eating lunch and then you spend quite a long time together. We recognize such things, you know", my Mum explained. Well okay, that was no reason for Nate's reaction.

"But, what about you?", I asked my boyfriend.

"Well...what I didn't tell you...I had talked to your parents before. I had asked them if it was okay for them", he told me.

Okay, it looks like everybody has been informed except me.

"Then we'll see the reaction of your parents, Nate", I said slightly angry, "not everybody does something like this."
"Hey, don't be angry with me...", Nate said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I tried to avoid the looks of my parents.
"Yes, it's okay", I answered. Actually this wasn't bad. And maybe it made this easier than talking to my parents together...

"Too much romance", my Dad said and broke the silence, "lunch is getting cold already." That figures.