Chapter 5 - We Can Learn To Love Again

We finally broke the hug and looked into each others eyes.

"I missed you so much", I told Nate.

"I missed you more", he answered.

"Never", I replied. We both had to laugh until Nate asked me what I was doing here.

"Actually I went to the café over there", I said pointing to where Noah was still sitting and staring out of the window.

"Another boy?", Nate said with raised eyebrows but he also tried to hide his smile. I patted his cheek, before I grabbed his hand and pulled him along the way I came from. We walked back into the café and I sat down beside Noah, who looked at me with raised eyebrows. I suddenly felt sorry for him. It wasn't fair to use him to forget Nate.

"Sit down", I told Nate, who was still standing next to the table sceptically.

"I guess, I have to explain a lot", I told them looking at my hands in my lap. They both nodded. "Well, this is Nate and this is Noah", I said pointing to each of them. "I'm so sorry for what I did. I met Noah only to forget my feelings for you, Nate." They both waited for me to continue and they didn't seem to be so hurt. Luckily.

"I met Nate at my birthday a few weeks ago and we spend much time together. I guess, I started to fell in love with him. But we forget to change numbers or anything so we couldn't contact each other again. I was completely out of it the rest of the holidays and today I met Noah at school. He...well, he ran into me. I thought this was a good chance to forget Nate again. But the only thing this was good for...I know I still love Nate and Noah will never be more than a friend", I finished. They both said nothing. Great.

"I will forgive you, because I understand completely what you thought. And another thing...I guess I fell in love with you, too. I missed you so much." We leaned over and hugged each other again. When we broke the hug, I looked over to Noah. I asked myself how he would react, when I saw a small tear rolling down his cheek.

"Hey, don't cry", I said and thought if it was too rude to ask him why. We hardly knew each other.

"Don't worry. To be honest, I just wanted to meet you to get over my ex-girlfriend. And everything I found out was that this is definitely the wrong way. I won't ever fall in love with you, too, Julie."

"Then why did you cry?", I had to ask.

"You two are just so cute. Nobody can overlook how perfectly you are together", he said and wiped away the tear. He grabbed a serviette laying on our desk and pulled out a pen. he wrote down a phone number and Noah Johnson under it, before he got up.

"I would like to see you again. I think, we would make good friends", he said handing me the serviette and walking out of the café.

---

When Noah went out I looked after him and watched him walking down the street. I definitely would contact him and we would talk about this mysterious ex-girlfriend. Actually he was really nice...

Nate was waving his hand in front of my face. "You're still here with me?" he asked and smiled.

"Yeah, of course", I answered, "I just thought about Noah...it was strange."

"Don't worry, he'll be fine", Nate replied. "So...what will I do with this beautiful girl in front of me now?"

I had to laugh and smile at the same time. This was exaclty the man I got to know a few weeks ago. But there was a serious point, too...and I wanted to do this as fast as possible.

"Nate...we should talk to my parents."

"We should talk to mine, too", he said.

"You know what I mean. I've started something with a man being twice my age."

"Huh. I've started something with a girl half my age..."

Well, he was kind of right. But...anyway.

"Let's walk a bit", my kind-of-boyfriend said and streched his hand out. I grabbed it and we got up. We paid our ice cream (as I had said it before it WAS fucking expensive) and walked out the parlor hand-in-hand.

"So which one's parents are we going to take first?", Nate asked with a little smile. It wasn' t funny I thought, but smiled back. This man is mad...

"Mine. I think they'll be the bigger problem. You know all the stuff with the risks...you could be only a mad man who doesn't really love me and just wants that one thing...you hear about it all the time in TV...they're everywhere..."

I stopped because I suddenly felt soft lips touching mine...no, no, no this wasn't true. I was too shocked to do anything, so Nate got away from me again...

"I'm so sorry", he said, "I shouldn't have done this you know...I just..."

Now it was him being interrupted because I kissed him now...

After a little moment when I was too shocked to do anything, I was the happiest guy in this world and I knew it was the right thing that we were doing this.

It was my first kiss and I knew it would stay the best one until the end of my life...at least it felt like this...probably I'll think different about it later...we'll maybe not...maybe I'll marry Nate some day...maybe...

I thought about all these things when we were staying there in the middle of loads and loads of people and kissing.

Nate went up again and smiled at me. It was the most beautiful and the happiest smile in this world. "I never fell in love with someone this fast...", he told me.

"I never felt in love with someone this fast and hard...", I replied.

He smiled again. We just stood there and looked into each others eyes, as if it we were the last people on this world...