Chapter 7 - Next Stop

After we had finished lunch, Nate and I had discussed that we were going to visit my parents this evening. We agreed that it was the best to do this thing as fast as possible. Although we both weren't worried that much. First, they weren't my parents, so I could be much more chilled that this afternoon. Second, Nate was an adult and they couldn't tell him anything. He could do whatever he wants to. He just thought that it would be good to tell them anyway, because he had a very close connection to them. The only thing I was worried about was that I was going to meet them for the first time. Nate instead wasn't worried at all. His parents couldn't forbid him to see me, so for him it was just a short visit to his parent's place.

"Have you actually told them that we're going to visit them?", I asked Nate when we were sitting in the car.

"No, why should I?", he answered. Oh, there will be an unknown girl in your parent's house, but okay...

"You just want to walk in there and shout 'Hey, Mum and Dad, I've brought my new girlfriend?'", I asked.

"Why not? Is it something special?", Nate responded and looked at me.

"Oh, just the fact that you're twice my age...", I said sarcastic.

"You're a little bit sarcastic, aren't you?", Nate asked and smiled a bit. I said nothing but looked out of the window instead.

"Well, okay, I'll ring them, are you fine with this?", relented Nate. Well, this was better than nothing so I nodded. Although there were only five minutes left, but who cares...

---

His parents were completely fine with this visit, Nate told me after he rang them. But something that made this even worse was that his Dad told him on the phone that Libbie and Husdon were with them. Elizabeth, who was called Libbie, was Nate's bigger sister and Husdon was her small son. He had his first birthday recently. I had found out all this stuff already when I was with fun. at the studio. But this only meant that I was going to visit three new people, who are the family of my boyfriend – if you don't count Hudson in here. So when we finally were at his parents house, my nerves were completely crazy. Nate – being the Gentleman again with opening my door, putting my jacket up and so on – called his parents just as I did an hour earlier. They came down the stairs followed by Libbie and her one year old son. They were all smiling at me and even hugged me. Nate introduced us all and they didn't even ask how old I was. They didn't even know before that Nate had a new girlfriend and they were really asking me nothing about my age or something. I was completely stunned.

"Are you hungry", Nate's Mom asked me, "Or did you have lunch already?", she added just as I wanted to tell her this. Nate told her that we already ate at my parent's house. They weren't angry or something, they just asked if we want some ice cream. Apparently the Ruess family had a proclivity...

So we spent a nice evening with Nate's family and I really liked then. They were all very funny, just as Nate. I was completely happy and I knew everything will be fine. I had Nate and everything will be fine.