XXII

Things were put away and half the coffee pot had been drunk. Without the coffee, I don't know if either of us would have been able to function the rest of the day. 

 Seeing as to how no one has been home for a couple days, I needed food for the house. Jensen said he'd drive because he didn't want me walking home with bags of groceries, 'They're too heavy' he claims. 

 Getting ready to leave the house again was a painfully slow process because going out again was one of the last things I wanted to do. Eventually we were on our way to the store which was really only a five minute drive away. 

_

 "Seriously though, who the hell eats these things?" Jensen asked in pure confusion. 

 Grocery shopping with Jensen is like shopping with a three year old. It's impossible to walk ten steps without getting stopped at least twice. "That's a jackfruit, J, many people eat them." I replied as he put the spiky fruit back down. 

 Most of our time was spent in the produce section. After all the junk food we'd eaten on the road, nothing but raw fruits and veggies sounded appetizing to me, I'm sure Jensen would say otherwise though; never enough greasy burgers', he would say. 

 I sent Jensen to get two frozen pizzas and a large bag of assorted frozen fruits for my smoothies while I went to go pick up a loaf of bread and a couple croissants. Unfortunately they didn't have my usual grains and seeds bread so I had to settle for the off-brand version. Croissants are pretty basic so it was quick and easy to find a small box of a dozen. 

 Just as I was about to leave the bakery section of the store, there was this man that had to have been in his late twenties that stopped me, asking if I needed a hand carrying everything. I politely declined but that didn't seem to be the answer he was looking for. 

 I had a basket full of produce which left no room to place the any of the baked goods in. After turning down the mans help, he began forcefully insisting and took the croissants and bread from my other hand. Obviously, I'm going to become a little agitated if some strange man starts taking my things. I snapped at him just as Jensen was coming back towards me, pizzas and fruits in hand, ice cream stacked on top of the pizzas. 

 As he caught sight of what was happening, he sped up his pace and reached me in a matter of seconds, shoving the frozen items onto a wooden bread stand. 

 "Hey, hey! What's going on here?" He questioned, his volume attracting the looks of people around us. The random man starts defending his actions, saying I agitated him and that the altercation was my fault. There's no way I would ever intentionally cause a scene, Jensen already knew that. 

 "Well, thanks man... but I'm here now, we got this." Jensen thanked the man sarcastically. We picked up our groceries and left for the check out. 

 Jensen's hand rested on my lower back, keeping me close to him in a protecting manner, which I was thankful for even if it was unnecessary. I was sort of freaked out in the moment but knew I was safe when Jensen reached me; I knew I wasn't on my own. 

 We'd gone to the check out and left right after everything happened. Yeah, I was still a little shaken up but I was fine, it was just some random stranger in a crowded grocery store, it's not like he could've done much anyways. 

 _

 Back at home, I did a little cleaning while Jensen changed the brakes on his car, which desperately needed to happen. With my parents having been gone, besides for the shortage of food, the house was beginning to get dusty. 

 I had music blaring through the portable speaker and I couldn't help myself but to dance and sing along to some of the songs that played. 

 After the floors had been swept and washed, counters have been wiped down, the fridge and cupboards were restocked, and a candle was lit, I began rinsing and cutting up a large plate full of fresh produce. Everything ranging from strawberries and apples to carrots and cucumbers. I also had a small plate on the side with a bit of cheese and crackers; I needed to have something a little salty. I also started to brew a fresh pot of coffee. 

 I began carrying the plates and everything to the coffee table so it was easier to access when Jensen was finished and we went back to our usual; watching movies and drinking too much coffee. 

 Jensen came walking through the front door and his hands looked a little grey but other than that, he stayed fairly clean for someone who had just worked on a vehicle. 

 He slipped off his shoes at the front door and watched me walking around the kitchen, putting away the remainder of the fresh produce. " 'Beautiful dangerous', really?" He asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. 

 I shrugged, a slight blush creeping up to reach my cheeks. 

 "I could hear the music from outside. A Slash and Fergie joint song was your cup of tea," he continued. 

 I slipped past him to make my way to the living room, "It's a one time thing," I chuckled, "it's not a playlist regular." 

 He rolled his eyes at me with a smile and sat down next to me, popping a piece of fruit in his mouth. 

 "Okay, what're we starting this time?" A smile evident on his face. 

 I couldn't help but think, 'I could spend the rest of my life doing this, right here, with this man'. I guess only time would tell.