So let me tell you this, I came from a little town that no one really knows about but I have - had -  no recollection of this place. We moved when I was two so I didn't really know anything about it. That's where my story starts. 

 My family and I did a lot of moving around when I was a kid which makes me say that I will never have kids until I'm happy with where I live. Moving sucked, that's all there is to it. I was an only child but I had two dogs all the time so it was more like having siblings rather than pets. I was a lonely kid growing up. I never connected with other kids because I knew I'd be moving in a matter of months. 

 We stopped moving around as much after I entered high school which was a bit of a relief but I always felt like I shouldn't get attached. I lived every day thinking that we were going to pack up and move again so I was accustomed to being on my own and doing everything myself. My best friends were always at home; my dogs, Luke and Lola. 

_

 Going into year ten I expected things to run the same way they always have, wake up crazy early to watch another two episodes of Supernatural on my laptop then head off to school, walk home  and go back to watching more Netflix.

 To my surprise, I ended up making a friend. Crazy right? She was new that year and she looked as alone as I'd aways felt. I don't quite knew what drew me to her but she was in the majority of my classes so I figured why the fuck not. 

 "Trust me, you don't want to go over there during the breaks, you'll probably suffocate to death on all the cigarette smoke," I pointed behind the supplies garage. She nodded in response. 

 I pointed to the blue Honda pulling into the student parking lot, "And them, they're the over-achievers. That black Jeep pulling in is the jocks, though Even is quite amazing academically too." Again, she nodded as she was taking in the new information. 

 "Oh, Kym, I also highly recommend the milkshakes from the place down the street!" She seemed to definitely like the milkshake information. 

_

 After meeting Kym, enjoying school wasn't that hard. Going into eleventh year, I met Jensen in my World Studies class. It wasn't an overly large class due to the lack of interest from most of my peers but I thought it was the best class the school had to offer. 

 Jensen and I spent time together during our World Studies class as well as after class on weekdays, sometimes we'd spend the day together on our spare time in between jobs and other responsibilities. I'd found we shared many of the same interests, alcohol and partying not included; that's his thing, not mine.

 Why it was so easy to let Jensen in, I haven't even the slightest of a clue but I loved having him around. The endless childhood stories from growing up, vacation stories, facts, favourites, everything. It was like there wasn't anything off limits. Somewhere over the span of the two years I'd known Jensen, we decided we'd explore the world one day, I didn't think he'd ever mean it but it was nice to think about. 

_

 Jensen messaged me at a ridiculous hour of the morning one Sunday over the summer after our Graduating year. "Pack a bag for a few days, I'll be there in twenty." I thought he was crazy for this idea so early in the morning but I threw some things I may need into a bag and left a note for my parents as I walked out the front door. 

 And that's how my journey started.