"It's so good to see you, again, Ellie," his mother said.

"It's great to see you, again, Mrs. Pierce."

"You two look so cute with your matching shirts" she beamed and Grayson and I glanced at each other but said nothing. "So, how long have you two been dating?" she asked us and it seemed like the room went quiet as though everyone was waiting to hear the answer.

"One month -" "Two months -" we said in unison and she looked at us confused.

"Two months-" "One month-" we said in unison, again.

Her confused stare stayed prominent while Grayson's father sat beside her with an amused grin. Well, at least someone was finding it amusing.

Grayson scratched the back of his neck, and I tried everything possible to not just melt to a puddle on the floor.

"We're not dating," he confessed to his mother.

"Why would you lie about that?" she questioned.

"Well, technically we didn't lie, you kind of just assumed," he said sounding careful with his word choice.

"You could have corrected me," she said.

"That's my fault," I told her still trying not to melt. "I don't know, you just seemed really happy that he had a girlfriend." I was picking at a loose thread on the throw pillow. "And I mean, I don't blame you because it is Grayson, after all."

His father let out a gut wrenching laugh.

"So not funny," Grayson said as he sunk back into the couch.

"Oh, c'mon son. When is the last time you had a girlfriend?" his father asked him.

"Good question," I said.

"Maybe I'm just waiting on you, pumpkin," he said and tapped my nose with his finger.

"Stop doing that," I told him.

"What? This?" He tapped my nose, again.

"Do it again. I dare you."

He tapped my nose, once more, but jumped from his seat when I moved to grab him. So, I stepped onto the arm of the couch and jumped right onto his back.

He stumbled and tried to regain his balance. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that?" I asked him.

He started laughing, while I attempted to reach around him. Then I started tapping his nose. "Is this annoying to you?" I continued to tap his nose. "is it?"

"Okay, okay," he said through his laughter.

He, again, tried to steady himself from all the movement but hit against the couch. He tried to take a step forward but from the impact I started falling backwards. "Oh, shit," we both said. I was losing my grip and he attempted to grab hold of me. My hands slipped off his shoulders and I fell backwards over the couch, but not before taking him with me.

It truly was a site to see. My body was on the couch, head hanging off and legs still hung over the back, while his upper half lay on top of me. But to say it wasn't funny would be a lie. We were laughing way too hard for our own good.

"I, so, wish you guys could see yourselves from our point of view," Lana said through laughter.

After we got ourselves sorted out, we all talked some more. This time it felt easy to talk to his mother knowing the truth was out in the open. Even though she told us that she knew we weren't together but that we should be because we were just too cute together. I guess that's just how some mothers are, or maybe she had been talking to Lana, I don't know.