It didn't really bother me not having a dad, I'd realized that he didn't want to know me, so why should I care to get to know him. She sighed into the phone. "Our dad. He's our dad. He wanted you at the funeral." Our dad? I have a sister? My head was spinning around and I couldn't process any thoughts at the moment. "When?" I asked. Maybe he wasn't in my life, but I could at least go to his funeral.

Besides that, I have a sister that I'd never spoken to until this moment and never even knew existed. I looked back at Niall, he was staring off blankly and I got back to my phone call. "We need it to be no later than tomorrow afternoon in Dallas." She said. Tomorrow? I had to book a flight from London to Dallas and get there before tomorrow afternoon? How is that possible? "I don't know..." I mumbled.

"Please. The other day when I was taking care of him he told me that he regretted not seeing you but he didn't want you to see him sick. He said he wanted you at his funeral, and damn it, you're going to be at his funeral!" She said, crying into the phone. "Alright, alright. I'll try my best." I said. It was going to be hard but I couldn't say no, what kind of person can? I hung up the phone and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Niall asked, looking concerned. "My dad died this morning." I said seriously. He looked shocked, and probably more sad than I was. "I'm so sorry, are you going to the funeral?" He asked and rubbed my tummy. "Yes. We need to pack and book a flight like now." I said, and I could feel the stress building up in my body. Niall whipped out his phone. "Dallas?" He asked.

I shook my head and stared at the door. Where is the doctor? What's taking so long? Did it usually take so long? I thought and tapped my fingers impatiently. "I booked a flight for both of us." He said, not expecting an answer. The door swung open and the doctor walked in with the photos. She explained what was in the ultrasounds, which seemed to take forever, and sent us on our way. In the car neither of us talked and it was driving me crazy.

"We need to pack as soon as we get home." I said emotionlessly. It wasn't that I was trying to hide my emotions, I just didn't have any emotions. "Okay." Niall said. He took my hand and continued driving down the road, creating another awkward silence. My phone buzzed again. Mom. Oh my God! I forgot to tell mom! I unlocked my phone and put it to my ear. "Hello?" I answered.

"Abby you can NOT go to Dallas, I know your father's funeral is tomorrow but he was never there." She said, sounding breathless. I was so confused, that doesn't seem like mom. "Mom, that doesn't make sense. He's my dad, I'm going." I said. She sighed into the phone frustratedly. "You just shouldn't go okay?" She said. Why doesn't my mom want me to go to his funeral? I mean yeah, he wasn't in my life, but he was my DAD.

"This is my chance to meet Renee, family I've never met before." I reasoned. There was a pause. "Renee?" She asked. I was about to respond but was cut off. "No, no, no. You can't go." She said. Wait... She knew Renee? And she never told me that I had a sister? "Mom, you knew about Renee? You knew I had a sister and you never told me?" I asked and Niall jumped a bit.

"Abby I was just trying to take care of you, your dad didn't accept you, and his kids wouldn't either!" She said. Kids? Plural? More than one kid? So I had more than one sibling? "How is that taking care of me? He wanted me at his funeral! Renee called ME! I could've seen him and visited him before he died, Mom. Maybe you don't understand." I said, practically crying. I was crying because I was disappointed in my mom, but also in myself.

My dad made an effort to take me into his life and I thought the worst things about him. I almost rejected the invitation to his funeral, a few minutes ago I wasn't even sad that he was dead! But here I am now missing him like I'd met him. "Abby, I do understand. But your father's family hates me, they won't want anything to do with you either." She stuttered. My blood was boiling.