Chapter 2

~*Abby's POV*~

"Alright Liam, now move your piece." Harry said and ran his hand through his curls. Harry was just perfect. All of the boys were perfect, and they were even more perfect in person. Liam moved his piece 6 spaces and lightly tapped me on the shoulder. "Your turn." he said and smiled warmly at me. This was my dream, the only thing I'd wished for for the past 2 years, but oddly, it was more awkward than I'd expected

I didn't feel like I could be myself around the boys, and Louis was starting to pick up on it. "Alright." I said plainly and grabbed the dice. "So... Abby?" Louis began, obviously unsure if Abby was indeed my name, but continued on with reassurance from Niall. "Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?" I rolled the dice and moved my piece slowly across the board. "How much?" I asked with a polite smile, though I already knew the answer. A smirk spread wide across his face which made me laugh. He's adorable!

"Enough to break the ice!" he said and started laughing to himself, and soon enough, Zayn was sprawled out in the floor laughing like Louis had just busted the 'Why did the mushroom go to the party?' joke. I couldn't help myself, I busted out into a fit of laughter and the rest of the boys did as well. After a bit of small talk, I finally began to feel like one of the guys. "So, how'd you end up at this hotel?" I asked. Seriously, the hotel was just a cheap place for my mom and I to crash for the night, not a five star hotel fit for 'the world's most popular boyband at the moment.'

All of the boys laughed in unison, and I felt extremely awkward. "We had to switch to a hotel that no one would find us at, so we came here!" Zayn explained, still laughing. I finally remembered, that man spoke about it on the radio earlier! We played a few more rounds of Monopoly before Niall and Zayn fell asleep on the floor, they were so cute when they were asleep, but they were cute anyway. "Abby, don't you have to go back sometime?" Liam asked, sounding concerned.

To be honest, my mom didn't even know I left our room, and I wasn't even sure what time it was. "Yeah. I probably should get going." I replied, looking down sadly. I'd had so much fun with my idols, and I had to go back with my mom? I know I'm lucky I even got to meet the boys, but now I don't want to let them go! Liam stood up, helped me up, and led me to the door. "Thanks for inviting me in." I said, and gave him a peck on the cheek. His cheeks turned bright red and he smiled nervously at me. "No problem." he replied and began closing the door.

"OH! Erm, I just wanted to let you know, you're the first fan that didn't freak out when we met them." Wow, really? I couldn't help but smile. I'm sure I looked odd, just standing there grinning, but you don't know how hard it was for me to NOT freak out! "Maybe... You could come to a few concerts and we could hang out? We don't have many friends on the road... We can hook you up with tickets." he said, sounding a bit unsure.

I almost had a heart attack, the boys wanted to hang out with... Me? "Alright." I replied and a genuine smile was set on my face. Liam chuckled and looked me straight in the eyes, they were just like in my dream, except right then, they didn't even need the sunset to catch flames. "We're leaving tomorrow for San Diego, if you want you could tag along." I got excited, but was suddenly shot down when I remembered my mom.

Maybe if I begged and begged she'd let me go. Maybe. I didn't want to tell him I couldn't go, then I'd have absolutely no chance. "Sounds awesome! Knock on my door before you guys leave so we can speak with my mom!" I said anxiously. What if she didn't let me go? What if I had to pass up this opportunity? With those things in mind I slowly opened my door, hoping to find that my mom was still asleep.

I crept in and luckily she was. I slipped into the hotel bed and pulled the blankets over me. "Where have you been?" my mom demanded and clicked on a lamp in the corner. Perhaps I spoke too soon. Aww crap, what do I tell her? I'm not sure saying 'Oh, it's okay mom, I was hanging out with One Direction in the room next door!' would cut it! "Well?" she questioned impatiently. "I... Uhh... " KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

There was a sudden knock on the door, and I immediately shot up to escape the situation I was in. I opened the door and Louis was standing in front of me, "Hey Abby, you left these." he smiled and handed me my Spongbob slippers.I looked back at my mom and smiled, and instantly she knew. She was smiling from ear to ear, and she got up faster than I'd ever seen my mom get up before. I took my slippers and smiled back at him. "Thanks." I replied.

I was about to close the door but Louis stopped me. "Is this your mom? Have you asked her about the tour yet?" he asked looking at my mom and shaking her hand respectfully. My mom looked excited to be shaking his hand, secret fangirl, I see? "Ask me what?" she asked, still shaking Louis' hand uncontrollably. Poor Louis, I could tell he was trying to escape my mom's grip, but he didn't want to seem rude.

I walked over to my mom and took her hand from Louis', he shot me a grateful smile and backed away. "The boys... Er... One Direction, want me to go on tour with them for a bit." I said sweetly, looking at my mom with puppy eyes, then looking at Louis and shoeing him away. I needed to talk to my mom privately so I wouldn't look so stupid begging on my knees.

"Abby, you know we have to go see your grandparents." my mom said sternly, and honestly, I knew it wasn't about my grandparents, it was about me. She always wanted to know that I was safe and that I wasn't going anywhere dangerous. I understand why she's always so protective, my brother Ian was taken in a gang initiation murder about 2 years ago, and I haven't been let out of the hell that is my house since.

"Mom, we see them every year, Grandpa just sits in his chair and reads, and Grandma tries to shove cookies down my throat daily. PLEASE?! The boys have security, and if they feel I'm unsafe, you can have them contact you!" I pleaded, almost in tears.My mom sighed, and her face softened. Before I could beg any more, I was wrapped tight in her arms and I felt hot tears trailing down my back.

"Abby, if I let you do this, don't let me down. I don't want to lose you like we lost Ian." she cried into my neck. I felt my own eyes begin to water and wiped them before my mom could notice. "I promise I won't." I said softly and let the hug linger for a bit before pulling away. My mom kissed my forehead before letting me go. "I want to meet those boys first though." She stated in a way that made it clear that I couldn't say anything to change her mind.

~*Niall's POV*~

I woke up on the floor next to Zayn and looked up. Abby and a woman who appeared to be her mother were sitting together speaking with Liam. Abby looked stunning, she had beautiful ginger hair which flowed long past her shoulders, and hazel eyes that seemed to pop against her pale skin. I had a strange tingling feeling at the bottom of my stomach every time I looked at her, and I tried to stop staring, but I just... couldn't.

Suddenly, Zayn tapped me on the shoulder and looked toward Abby and Liam. "She's hot," he said and rubbed his eyes. "and it looks like she has a thing for Liam." Instantly I felt angry, I didn't know why I was angry, but I was. I looked back at Abby, she was smiling and laughing with Liam and it was obvious that she was into him. Zayn starting laughing, which made me even more angry. "What's so funny?!?" I snapped. He was laughing even harder, and I just wanted to rip out his vocal cords and throw them on the floor.

"Someone's got a crush." he teased. What? I don't have a crush on anyone! Do I? My thoughts were cut off by the uncomfortable feeling of someone looking at me, and instantly I looked in that direction. She was looking at me... Was she checking me out? Is she interested? I tried my best to smile casually, but I'm pretty sure it looked more like I was having a seizure.

She giggled, which I found extremely cute, and looked back down. "I didn't hear a denial." Zayn said, looking pleased with himself. I don't know... I'm not sure I want to have a crush, as I don't want my heart to be broken again. I've only been in a few real relationships, and all of them ended terribly. "Whatever." I said passively and got up from where I was sitting on the ground.

"We're leaving today anyway." I saw Abby's mom smile at Liam one last time and leave. "Alright boys, Abby's gonna be joining us on tour!" Liam said, and put his arm around her shoulder. What? She's coming with us?! Great... This crush isn't going to blow over as easily as I'd originally thought it would.