Chapter 34: Preparations

Mulai dari awal

It was strange to the teen because normally he slept very well cuddled up to his mother and older brother. The idea of just sleeping all together in one bed came from Mrs. Lee, maybe because she almost cried while hugging her two boys after she had came home.

She had been just so relived that her boys were fine, even though she had heard their voices over the phone she just couldn't hold back the few tears of relief that had escape her eyes when she gave them both a kiss on the head.

Minho and Felix had been sure that their mother would immediately bring them to the territory of the sky clan, which was pretty far away from Yellow Wood but she had said nothing about that, at least not until now. She had only thanked the gods that they were okay and then suggested a little bit of sleep. Since she had seemed pretty tired the boys had said nothing against this idea, even though they both didn't have the feeling they would be able to sleep.

They were proven wrong though because they both fell asleep cuddled up to their mother in the gigantic bed of their parents. Minho was still asleep in said bed buried under a fluffy blanket and Felix only woke up because he had notice that his mother had gone downstairs, which had made him do the same almost automatically.

Entering the living room the ginger saw his mother sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap, seemingly reading something Felix couldn't properly see with his tired eyes. Like a toddler the young male waddled over to the couch, flopping down onto it and then curling into his mother's side like a scared little kitten while she continued to read.

The young cat hybrid now saw that his mother was reading an article released on the emergency news website of the supernatural world. The article covered the topic of the fallen barrier and how to deal with it.

The main focus of the text laid on giving advice for efficient hiding to the supernatural citizens. At some parts it was even advised to leave bigger towns to go to rather abandoned villages were no humans lived nearby like the ones in the deepest forests or mountains. Sea creatures were made the offer of leaving the land completely and move to Atlantis, the more abandoned than lost city of mermaids and mermen.

Reading this scared the hell out of Felix. He stiffened while he stared at the screen with wide eyes. His mother seemed to have noticed that even though she was one of the people that barely reacted to anything when they were concentrated.

"Hey there. No need to be scared. We will manage this situation", she reassured her son in a soft tone while also wrapping one arm around him. Her dark brown eyes, which were now focused on her son instead of the laptop screen held a motherly warmth. Felix looked up to his mother for a brief moment before he snuggled even closer into her in search of more reassurance, warmth and comfort. Her familiar scent began to surround him and it made the young cat hybrid relax a little bit. The thought of being safe as long as he was with his mother came almost naturally.

"Will we go to the territory of the sky clan?", Felix asked with a rough and sleepy voice, glancing up to his mother once more. She still looked down at him with a loving gaze. "Yes but before that you should get a little more sleep, hon", she answered still speaking in a soft tone while gently stroking her son's shoulder.

Slowly Felix's eyes began to drop close again when his mother began to run her finger through his ginger hair. "Don't worry, Felix. I will protect you and your brother even when it's the last thing I do", he could hear his mother whisper before he was off to dreamland.

————————————

Jisung stared at the clock from his upside-down position like he could melt it with only his gaze. It had been around half an hour since the warlock randomly decided it would be a good idea to put his legs over the back rest of the couch, then hang upside-down and stare at the clock for no reason. He could have used his phone to entertain himself but no he chose a staring contest with the clock, whose regular ticking noise was the only sound that filled the gigantic main living room of the Seo castle.