"How so?"

"My parents' marriage was arranged, my dad cheated with an American woman, and I'm that woman's child,"

"How is that corrupt? Are you in contact with your biological mother? I'm so confused," Peter's brow furrowed. Tori decided to just explain the whole story to her boyfriend rather than just beating around the bush about it. It was hard, hearing the unbelievable story come out of her own mouth.

"I just don't know what to believe anymore. With Quinn's family, Tris' arrest, Raven's now dead psychotic boyfriend and Lexi's past, something dark happening with me shouldn't surprise me. Yet it does, because I thought that I was just someone who didn't really have much of a father growing up, and that was that. I didn't think that it was something this big," she continued on her rant. Then she breathed and closed her eyes, almost smiling a bit, "it's kind of weird to think that Skylar's life was the only one that took a downward spiral after she joined the Avengers,"

"I wouldn't just assume that she's just a bit more private about her problems," Peter disagreed with her, "but that's one hell of a weight to carry on your shoulders. Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I still can't believe it. This is what Quinn told me. The Alcarazs hate the Whitesons, that's why they were after me. They were trying to get back at my father. That's what she told me,"

"You're thinking of talking to your parents, aren't you?"

"I have to know if blood money is what VK was based on. Because if it is, the shit show I'm going to have to deal with is unbelievable, not only from the media but from the lawsuits I'm going to have to deal with. I may even lose my business, my reputation, my money, everything. The only thing I'll have left is the Avengers," she told him desperately. They both fell silent for a few minutes before he continued.

"You know, meeting your girlfriends' parents is a huge step in a relationship," he joked to lighten the mood.

"Oh shut up, their approval never mattered to me anyway," she rolled her eyes and smiled at Peter.

"They'd probably approve of someone more like Chuck," he rolled his eyes jokingly.

"Oh, I'm one hundred percent sure of that," Tori replied seriously.

"What? Seriously?"

"Do you have any idea who my parents are? They are way more interested in your money and status than in your personality. That's why I don't care what they think of you, because that shit doesn't matter to me,"

"Well that makes me feel SO much better," Peter remarked sarcastically.

"Oh whatever, just cuddle with me and help me forget that I have to contact my dad very soon for a while," she pulled him towards her on the bed and kissed him before relaxing in his arms. It was very soon after that she had fallen asleep next to him.

-

Today was the day. Tori's parents were to arrive at the facility in just two hours and stay there on a separate floor. Based on how Tori described to Tony what her relationship was like with her parents, he expected an absolute warzone between her and her father. Tony had done business once with Victor-Kristoff Whiteson, but it wasn't a huge deal, and it was years ago when Tori was just a little girl. She would have been around seven or eight at the time.

She wasn't wearing any of her VK apparel, but she changed out of her sweatpants into a pair of designer jeans with a Gucci belt, black Jimmy Choo ankle boots, a black and white Chanel t-shirt and Cartier diamond earrings. Her makeup was done into a natural smokey eye with a darker pink lipstick, and her hair was curled.