trente-trois •final•

Hi!

Uhm... it's me, ya boi.

How did Y/N do this all of the time?

This feels hella awkward.

Well, nevermind. I thought you might like hearing my side of the story.

I thought that, maybe, a few of you may have not understood what this all was about.

The journey I took until here. To have Y/N by my side.

I myself took my time to realize what this all was about and in the end it's on yourself to decide what exactly it is you want to remember from my story.

A bunch of random events in the life of  some normal girl? A bunch of unfortunate events in the life of a miserable boy?

Or maybe you see it how Y/N does;

The story about a girl becoming less selfish, maturing. The story that taught her that being lonely isn't quite as nice as being together.

For Y/N there had always only been two parties to choose; her and her dad, and the rest of the world. She never saw that there were things in this world worth fighting for. She was so stubborn and strong that she forgot that even a strong girl like her needs a bit of company.

Or maybe you see this story how I do;

A story about friendship. A story that tells us how simple acceptance can change not only one's life, but this of at least two. A story about how you can find love in even the loneliest, most savage and hotheaded girls.

My life is far from perfect, but - without wanting to sound cheesy - I believe, that with Y/N it can be.

Like, when she's mindlessly stroking my arm, her fingers brushing the faint scars on my skin, reminding me of what I went through. Of the parents I never had. Or the people who hurt me.

But they also remind me that everyone is perfect in their imperfections.

That everyone deserves being treated like a friend, not regarding their scars or flaws.

Y/N told me once that she loved the word 'diversity', because for her it means beauty.

That day I didn't ask further, didn't quite understand what she meant. But I thought about it a lot, I really did.

Today I know it. 'Diversity' describes how every single one of us is different from the other. That anyone can shine in their very own color. And this, this is truly beautiful.

___

She takes the keys from the counter and grins up at him.

"Are you ready?"

He grins back, shaking his pink locks before saying: "Never. Not in a million years."

She laughs shrugging, carelessly throwing on her heavy coat, "You better get used to this. You'll be in this situation every year from now on."

"I don't feel well." He complaints pouting, but smiles anyways as he's following his girlfriend  outside in the chilly coldness.

"haha nice try." She waves it off, nudging his side playfully before getting in the car, waiting for him to take his place behind the steering wheel.

Able to ignore the honking cars around them, they're still keeping the slight smiles on their faces.

"Ah I love Christmas time."

"Yeah, you're not the one driving."

"Look at the street, dummy."

"I would rather look at you."

"LOOK AT THE DAMN STREET!"

The pink hair laughs whole heartedly, momentarily able to forget about his worries.

Momentarily

"Do you think Catherine cooked herself?"

He groans, "I hope the fuck not."

"Ah what did I say about swearing?"

"I know, I know, only you're allowed to." He mumbles, smoothly spinning the steering wheel to turn into the designated street.

"I don't feel well." He repeats, gaining an understanding look from his girlfriend.

"To be positive, at least dad will be there too."

Her boyfriend gives her a soft smile, gently stroking her head at these words, "You must be excited. You haven't seen him in a long while."

She closes her eyes, allowing herself to enjoy the delicate touches of the man she eventually admitted herself to love, hands slipping underneath his coat to trace the faint scars.

"I am."

The door opens and an once familiar face smiles at them, "Merry Christmas everyone!"

The, as always make-up caked, face looks leaner than it used to. Sad maybe, but definitely not displeased.

"Hello Catherine." The pink hair says with a slight smile.

"I'm so glad you could make it. Sera is in the kitchen, cooking. Come in, I'll quickly go check on your dad Y/N." The woman chirps and disappears in the house to join her wife.

"We'll be there in a minute." The girl assures.

When the woman is out of sight she takes both her boyfriend's hands in her smaller ones and looks up at him.

"It's all different now. She's different now. He's not there anymore. So... smile a little more."

He doesn't say anything, just looks down to her like a love struck puppy, allowing her to stand up on her tip-toes and peck his lips.

"It's Christmas after all so..."

"... you're supposed to love, not to fear."

He chuckles, combing his hand through her hair.

"Silly girl..."

"When it comes to you, I'm not scared of anything."

___

___

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.