Chapter 5: Mackenzie This, Mackenzie That

Start from the beginning

A blush crept up Nya's neck and covered her cheeks.

"Thought so... it's so obvious you like him!" I laughed.

"No it isn't!" Nya defended herself.

"Yeah, it kinda is" I said.

"Do you think Jay knows I like him? What if he doesn't like me back? Am I not good enough for him?" Nya started ranting.

"Nya! Chill! Don't worry, he doesn't know, and I'm pretty sure he likes you too!" I nudged her in the stomach as I giggled.

"You really think so!?" She asked with sparkles in her eyes.

"Of course!" I said.

We continued to work on our project in silence. We glued some paper onto the styrofoam sphere and attached some more tiny styrofoam balls to represent other elements in our compound.

While I was concentrating on gluing down small pieces to our compound, Nya looked up at me with a mischievous smile. Once I was finished gluing down the piece I looked up at Nya and sighed, "What do you want?"

"Ohhhhh nothing!" She dramatically stated.

"No seriously, what do you want?" I questioned her with a raised eyebrow.

"So... what about you and Lloyd?" She asked with bright blue eyes.

A light blush dusted my face as I tried my hardest to keep my composure, "L..Lloyd? What about him and me?"

"You like him don't you!" Nya giggled.

"Like I'd ever tell" I giggled with her.

~~Time Skip~~

The school bell that let the tired students and teachers know that school ended rang through the hallways. I walked out of my last class, which was art, and went to go search for Lloyd.

I grabbed my lunchbox out of my locker and walked down the hallway. As I strolled through the tan halls, people looked at me, whispered to their friends, and blocked my way out of any conversation they were having.

I held my head low as I heard bits of their conversations. "Isn't that new girl Y/N?" A brunette with a light blue shirt looked me up and down as she whispered to her friends.

"Doesn't she hanging out with Garmadork and his friends at lunch and during some classes?" A blond guy asked.

"They might be forcing her to be friends with them. She should come sit with us at lunch, she would be a great addition to the popular and cool kids instead of hanging out with those losers!" The brunette states again.

A girl with pink highlights in her bleached hair rolled her eyes and said to her group, "She is just a loser like the rest of them. I bet you they didn't even have to force her to be friends, she was so desperate that she was the one forcing them to be friends with her. I mean even her clothes say that she is cheap. Isn't that right Leslie?" 

"You know it girl!" The brunette with the light blue shirt said. My mouth curved down at their words.

The girls giggled at their friend's comment while the guys chuckled and said things like, 'Good one Mackenzie' or 'Your right, she is a loser' or 'She would never fit in with the rest of us' and so on.

It felt like my chest was stabbed. I know those were the people I wouldn't  want to hang out with, but it still hurt that they were saying things like that about me behind my back. It was all Mackenzie this or Mackenzie that. I felt like crying.