A Christmas to Remember

Sunset was walking down the snow-covered street when she spotted a pair of boxy headlights, not unlike those used by some cars of the 1980s, going down the street, so she jumped out in front of it.

She had no hopes for Christmas after Anon-a-miss, so she thought she'd make everyone's lives better.

Maybe she'd get hit and killed.

Meanwhile in the station wagon/RV, cousins Seth and Autumn Blaze were singing to a Christmas song they had put to the tune of the East German National Anthem, Seth driving.

From our slumber, we've awoken; Christ-mas-time, this glo-rious morn'; To the hol-i-day we wel-come; Let us be al-to-gether! May your joy, be spread, to a-all; On this won-derful day!; For our fam'-i-lies' ha-ppi-ness; Share your joy to all people; On this Christ-mas morn!; On this Christ-mas mo-

"SETH STOP!!!!!!!!"

Seth slammed on the breaks just in time so the car wouldn't hit Sunset too hard, though it still knocked her on her back.

"Jesus Harold Christ!" he said as they got out, "Are you okay?"

"What happened!?" Autumn asked.

Sunset envisioned herself in a padded room if she told the truth.

"I was on my way home," she said, pointing the direction she was running.

"To an old warehouse? At 11:30 at night? On Christmas Eve," Autumn asked, knowing exactly what Sunset was referring to, based on her appearance, "I don't think so."

"My cousin's right," Seth said, "You're having Christmas with us."

"Where are you going?" Sunset said as Autumn put her in the car's front seat with her and her cousin.

"Home," Autumn responded as Seth started the car again, "Where we have food and heat and COZY!"

"You don't even know me!" Sunset yelled, but was overwhelmed by the engine's loud roar.

"Sorry!" Seth said, revving the engine to get it to warm faster, "Soviet cars of the 1980s need to warm up first, and two-stroke engines are the loudest! In 1995, they swapped over to more modern four-stroke engines, but I don't think that the new Soviet cars are all that. I'm more the retro-type!"

Sunset turned around to see that it was indeed being used as an RV.

"You don't even know me!" Sunset said as they were headed back to Seth and Autumn's house and the engine wasn't spinning at near-lethal speeds.

"Well, we change that," Autumn said, "I'm Autumn Blaze, he's Seth, and you are?"

"Sunset Shimmer. Where do you live?"

"A few miles away," he replied, "In a small but nice house."

A few minutes later, they were at the cousins' house, where a cobalt-blue Yugo and ruby-red 1999 two-door Honda Civic was parked. Seth parked in front of the garage even though it was starting to turn into a light blizzard.

To Sunset, it was a mansion, but decorated more in red and gold instead of green and red.

The inside of the house was an open-concept living room/kitchen with five doors: three bedrooms, the bathroom, and the basement.

"This is nice."

"It's not much, but it's what we have."

There were strings of lights attached to the counter, a small fiber optic tree sat atop the counter with a crystalline, red star lined in yellow as a topper, and odd ornaments were hanging off of it.