Chapter 2

We walked into the ballroom as Sylvia announced our names. They clapped and whistled as we walked down yet another isle. How many isles are in the castle? Maxon led me to the dance floor. "May I have this dance?" he said bowing.
"Yes you may," I replied. A slow song began to play. I took his hand and he put his hand on my waist. I let out a sigh. He smiled. Our feet began to move in unison.
"Remember when," I began. "We danced in the rain?" Maxon guessed. "The Halloween dance? We can do those things again if you want."
I sighed again. "You get me so well! I that's one of the many reasons why I love you."
This time he sighed, mocking me. I laughed. "Say it again."
"I love you so much." He sighed again, this time not in mock.
The song ended, and a fast song came on. We let go of each other and I said "I'm gonna go see my mom."
"Okay." He touched my nose. I walked over to Mom. She hugged me tight.
"I'm so proud of you!" She said.
"Thanks, Mom. Are you still gonna live in the house Maxon bought you?"
"Of course! We already moved in!"
"Great!" I said relieved. "Well I'm just gonna...." she nodded. I looked for Aspen and found him talking to Lucy.

"Would you like to dance with me?" he was asking. She gasped and threw her hands around his neck. She froze and jumped off of him.
"But your leg. You can't dance!" she complained.
"I'm sure I can make an acceptation for you." he smiled happily.
"Okay, but if you get hurt-"
"I won't as long as I'm with you." she smiled.
"Okay." and they went off. I'll have to talk to him later.
Just then someone jumped on me. "Ahh!" I turned around and realized it was Marlee. "Marlee!"
"Haha!!" Carter was right behind her. "We have a proposition."
I put my hands on my hips. "oh yeah? What is it?"
"You dance with carter and I dance with Maxon." I raised an eyebrow.
"And your okay with this?" I asked Carter.
"Yeah I guess." He said.
"I'll go find Maxon." I looked around and found Maxon talking to May, my sister.
"May? Can I steal Maxon from you?"
She smiled.
"Of course Your Majesty!"
"Thanks."

"Yes?" Maxon said as I led him back to Marlee and Carter.
"Marlee suggests I dance with Carter and you dance with Marlee. Are you okay with this?"
"Sure." I dance with Carter who was careful not to step on my dress. We talk through the entire song about future plans. Maxon and Marlee were dancing right next to us.
After the song was over, Maxon and I ate cake and danced for the rest of night to fast and slow songs.

The party ended around 1 in the morning. When I got back up the the princess suite, I clasped on my bed and immediately went to sleep.

Sometime in the middle of the night Maxon entered my room and kissed my cheek and said "I love you my dear."