Vacation

OMG I'm so sorry! It's literally been forever since I've written! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE 15k VIEWS!! 🎉🎉 u guys are literally the best👌🏼
------------------------------------------------------
America pov

The trip was wonderful so far. I can't believe that we only have 1 week left. It went by so fast! Every night we would do something different. One night we had dinner on the beach; another we eat pizza and watched a movie; and we also drank sugary drinks while sitting in the pool.

Maxon always has something in store for us. He's so cute. I sit by the pool when he all of the sudden ran out from the house and jumped in the pool, splashing me with a wave of water.

"Hey!" I yelled, laughing.

"Jump in!" he said, treading water. I changed into my swimsuit and ran out the the house like he did and into the pool.

My head went under the surface, and I kicked upward. Maxon is there laughing. He reaches out for my arms, and I hold onto him, still kicking.

He curls me in and swirls me around. My bright red locks glide swiftly behind me. I sit up, and he looks confused.

"I have an idea," he said, grinning broadly.

"What is your idea Your Royal Husbandness?"

"Follow me." He led me to the pair of diving boards on the opposite side of the pool.

"So we dive off and swim there and back. Whoever wins gets to wear casual pants for a week when we get back."

"You're on." One of the servants set 'ready, set, go!' It happened that both of us cheated and went on 'set'.

We raced down to the end of the pool and back. His hand touched the wall just before I did.
"Ugh! You win," I pouted.

"Yes I did," he said, stand up in the water. "You may have won the Selection, but I won you." And with that, he kissed me. It was sweet, blissful.

He took my hand, and we hopped out of the water. We ran for the towels, because the temperature had really dropped.

He wrapped me up, cozy, and I, him. We went inside as two servants looking alert ran up.

"Your Majesties," said the guard on the right. "I'm deeply sorry to tell you this and ruin your honeymoon, but there was an attack on Angeles, particularly the castle. New Asia was apparently threatened by the six month retreat. One thousand or so people are dead in Illea, so you have to meet with the naval officers right away."

Maxon and I look at each other. His brows furrowed together as they always did when he's worried.

"And it's getting worse," said the other servant checking his Mobil air pod. "Australia has just joined the fleet. Australia, fortunately is our ally, but they declared war on New Asia to protect us."

Maxon looked at me and says, "I have to go meet the officers, we can go for another swim later when I'm not dealing with a potential World War." He kissed me and ran off with the servants.

I go to my room and change out of my swimsuit. I lay on my bed with wet hair and a single blanket. I think about how my life was back before the Selection. I was a Five, poor but happy. Now I'm rich and dealing with a war. And I couldn't be happier.