Chapter 6

Chapter 5: Battle on the Bridge, Part 1 Team Konoha Strikes Hard

Kakashi looked at his troops.

Super trendy Ninja Hero, a.k.a. Kakashi Hatake

Super Sexy Ninja Hero, a.k.a. Kurenai Yuuhi

Uchiha prodigy, Sasuke Uchiha

Hyuuga Heiress, Hinata Hyuuga

Sakura Haruno.

Sighing inwardly, Kakashi wondered how this squad had been chosen. Okay, he could see Sasuke being useful, especially after the several Jutsu Kakashi himself had taught the boy, not to mention he had the Kyuubi Houyou (Naruto had shown Kakashi how it worked and was impressed), and Hinata was a powerful fighter, especially now she was fuelled by some inner fire and also had a Kyuubi Houyou, but Sakura was the one who showed least sign of improvement, and even with the Kyuubi Houyou, seemed somewhat destined to get beaten up. Sure she could fight defensively for a long period of time, but against trained killers you either attack or die. He hoped it would not be the later.

"Are you sure you want to fight, Sakura?" Kakashi asked.

"Hai," Sakura nodded, "I wasn't able to do much against the two nin and I am determined to make up for it!"

"Fine," Kakashi gave up.

"They're late," Kurenai commented. (A/N: There is always someone who says this, any second now someone will say 'It's quiet, too quiet' then you know hell is about to break loose)

"Better them than us," Kakashi sighed. He was not the one tardy for once, but even so wasn't going to open his Icha Icha book. He didn't want to get blood on its pages.

"I don't like this at all," Sasuke grumbled.

"Get the feeling we are being watched?" Sakura shivered slightly.

The bridge was clear of workers and any mercenaries or missing-nins, but there was a thick mist surrounding the bridge like some kind of Arena wall. It had appeared shortly after the Konoha team had arrived.

"Do you think this was a trap?" Kurenai turned to Kakashi.

"No...I don't think so." Kakashi sighed. "Kitsune seems to want us to win."

"Huh?" Sasuke looked up, "Did Kitsune betray us?"

"No," Kakashi shook his head. "Kitsune has too few friends to betray those he has."

"It's quiet, too quiet." Sakura shivered.

Suddenly, chunks of the bridge exploded, sending sharp spikes of wood soaring towards the Konoha team, who all evaded the attack relatively easily. The Missing-nin team walked out of the mist and onto the bridge. (A/N: Told you so.)

"So you survived." Zabuza grinned. "Good, this ought to be a good fight!"

"Zabuza Momochi," Kakashi sighed, "The Missing-nin responsible for the murder of the Mizukage."

"I can't take responsibility for that." Zabuza grinned, "We have our mutual friend Naruto to thank for that."

"Naruto?" Hinata murmured.

"Let's just get this over with; the conditions are if you and Haku are disabled, we win but if me and Kurenai are disabled, you win." Kakashi lowered his mask, revealing his Sharingan eye.

"After we win, Kitsune will be ours." Haku smiled as she drew several Ice needles.

"If you want Kitsune, it will be over my dead body." Sasuke growled.