Chapter 32: Jealousy and the whole truth

Start from the beginning

"Seems like we will celebrate New Year with our friends", Changbin stated after he had read the messages and also send a message back confirming that he would like to celebrate New Year with his friends. "Yeah", Jisung said with a smile while typing that we will come to this meet-up as well.

Another "bing" sound was heard but only from Jisung's phone shortly after the warlock had sent his previous message. He got a message from Minho saying that they would need to talk and that was it. No further explanation. This made Jisung's smile wobble a little because he got a bad feeling, which didn't get unnoticed by the other male in the room.

"Who wrote you?", Changbin asked covering his worry with curiosity. "Only Minho-hyung. He wrote that we needed to talk. It's probably about me declining his offer to hang out for like four times in a row", Jisung answered honestly because he didn't think he would be able to lie to Changbin.

The vampire prince hummed. "Do you plan on telling everyone about your uncle and that you are living with me now?", he asked innocently. Jisung gulped, feeling like he wouldn't be able to do that without having a little break down, just like the time he had told everybody about his bite.

"It's fine if you don't. I get why", the vampire prince then added in a reassuring tone but Jisung shook his head. "No, I need to tell them. Only then will I be able to leave it completely behind me, right?", the warlock said even though the last part sounded more like a question while he rubbed his thump over the broken display of his phone absentmindedly, feeling every little split under his skin.

"Just know that you are save with me", Changbin said while he sat down beside Jisung. "You are now officially my little brother after all", he added in a rather happy, reassuring tone to lighten the mood and ruffled the warlock's hair. "I am not little. I am taller than you", Jisung protested and swatted the other's hand away.

"You brat", the vampire prince gasped, lightly punching the warlock's shoulder resulting in Jisung acting like he was now horribly injured, which caused the vampire prince to laugh and they began to joke around again.

Changbin had effectively managed to lighten the mood, just like he wanted.

—————————————

Felix was sulking on the couch in the living room. Why you may ask? Well, because Mr. and Mrs. Lee had to leave on short notice because there was an emergency at their clan house and Felix didn't like that at all because he had been excited to celebrate New Year with his whole family.

The ginger let out a sigh and stared at the black screen of the TV. There was only one thing that could help him cheer up now. Memes.

The young cat hybrid spend the next hour just scrolling through Instagram looking for funny memes he could send someone. He found plenty and decided that today's victim would be Jeongin. Why? Felix had no reason he just felt like sending a tone of memes to the younger. Normally he would send them to Jisung but the warlock was busy according to Minho, who was pretty upset about it even though he tried to hide it.

Felix was a little bit worried about his older brother but he knew that Minho had talked the issue over with their mother yesterday before she left along with their father.

The ginger continued to send Jeongin memes while receiving some messages with laughing smileys, which showed that the younger thought the memes were funny or at least Felix hoped that was what they meant. Still it made Felix day a little brighter for no real reason but he guessed that this was just the Maknae's effect on everybody, right?

Suddenly the cat hybrid got a message from the group chat with his friends. It was from Chan, who asked if everybody wanted to celebrate New Year together. Felix thought it was a nice idea since he couldn't celebrate New Year with his whole family.