Chapter 27: Christmas Eve

Start from the beginning

"Are you finished decorating the living room?", Felix could hear his father ask loudly from upstairs. "Yes we are and if you and Minho don't hurry up we will also have dinner ready before you even come downstairs", Mrs. Lee answered loudly in a rather playful and a bit teasing tone, which made Felix snicker.

"I don't think so, my dear", Mr. Lee responded. His voice was now nearer and soon enough he came downstairs along with Minho. Both males were packed with presents, which had been rather sloppily wrapped in gift wrap paper. They made their way to the Christmas tree and set the presents down beside it. Mrs. Lee and Felix mustered the presents with an raised eyebrow. They looked like Minho and Mr. Lee had tried really hard to make them look presentable but ended up failing. It was their first year doing this task. Normally Mrs. Lee and/or Felix would do it.

"Next time we will take care of the presents again", Mrs. Lee whispered to Felix, who nodded in agreement. Mr. Lee and Minho heard them though. "What's that's supposed to mean?", Minho asked slightly offended but the playfully tone wasn't to miss. He put his hands on his hips and looking at them with a light tilted head. "Yeah. Explain", Mr. Lee agreed with his older son and crossed his arms standing beside Minho.

Mrs. Lee and Felix looked at each other for a brief second and began to laugh, causing them to almost fall. "The gift wrap looks a little bit sloppy", Mrs. Lee commented while still laughing a little. "It looks like the work of little children", Felix added trying to contain his laughter and failing miserably. Mr. Lee gasped, acting like he was offended and so did Minho.

"Alright. Minho take care of your brother while I take care of your mother", he then said to Minho. "Don't worry about that, dad", Minho responded and cracked his knuckles with a playful glint in his eyes. "Oh no. Felix we have to run", Mrs. Lee said dramatically but also playfully. Soon enough a playful chase was started.

The atmosphere in the house was as light as it could be. The occasional giggles and playful yells reminded someone of a bunch of happy kids playing with each other, even though the opposite was the case.

Cat hybrids were often labeled as childish because of such behavior. It had nearly become a stereotype some years back. Of course cat hybrids had a playful nature but that didn't mean they were childish or immature. They simply kept their "inner child" alive, which resulted in situation like this one were the parents played with their children like they were the same age.

Mr. Lee had caught his wife at some point in the chase. He had his arms wrapped around her middle and didn't plan on letting her go, even if she continued to squirm and hit him playfully but weakly. Felix was still chased by his brother, who in the end caught him and pulled him down on the couch.

"And now say that again with presents", Minho wanted from his brother, who refused by shaking his head, so Minho began to tickle him. Felix laughed hysterically to the point where he began crying.

"Mum. Help me. I am being tortured", the ginger said between his breathless laughs. Minho really had no mercy on him. "That's what you get for being so mean", Minho stated, continuing to tickle the ginger with a wide smile on his face.

"My poor baby is being tortured. Let me go, you evil man", Mrs. Lee said playfully to her husband trying to get out of his iron grip once more. "You know I will never let you go, dear", Mr. Lee answered and gave his wife a short kiss on the neck, which made her stop squirming. "Stop making everything so cheesy", Mrs. Lee answered and lightly elbowed her husband.

Minho had suddenly stopped tickling Felix and looked over at his parents, who now shared a short sweet kiss on the lips. Felix looked up at his brother being a little bit confused but then caught onto the fact what Minho was probably thinking. Their parents were mates and Minho was probably reminded of the fact that they knew nothing about Minho finding his destined mate in Jisung.