Black Roses

Diandra

Diandra

"What's up with you and black roses?" I ask him.

Franco smirks handing me the single black rose, "They're rare. People see them as a symbol of death and darkness. I see them as a symbol that darkness is still beautiful."

Our eyes locked and a smile creeps on my lips, "The darkness is intriguing." I reply.

"You're intriguing bambola." He says stroking my cheek.

I lean into his touch closing my eyes, "Kiss me already." I beg.

His lips capture mine quickly and I fell into pure bliss.

I stare at them. That's all I could do. It's been an hour since they've arrived. My thoughts are everywhere. But the one thing that's keep replaying is Lucas's words.

No he isn't getting close; he's here.

No one else would send these. No one else that I know of would send these. I dropped Leo off awhile ago for school. Well his last day at that school. They weren't sitting at the door, they were placed on my kitchen counter. They scared me so much I dropped my cup of coffee. I quickly called Lucas and he's now on his way

For about an hour I've been staring at them. They're so beautiful, yet so intimidating at the same time. They're the symbol of him.

I slowly take the small, white notecard sticking out of the vase and open it.

Six years later...
-Sicario

The note was so dull yet held so much meaning. I throw the card down as if it burned me. All the nightmares and flashbacks, all the memories came rushing back at once. I grip my hair in frustration. He wasn't just close! He was here! In my apartment! What if Leo and I were still here!? I groan in frustration and push the glass vase off the counter. It quickly hit the ground smashing in pieces, some of the petals fall off their stems.

I need to leave, I can't wait for Lucas or the team to help, I need to go now.

I rush around the apartment throwing every that is needed in my duffel and Leo's backpack. I quickly throw everything in my backseat and get in pulling off immediately.

I quickly dial Lucas's number, "I'm on my way to you right now." Lucas says answering.

"No! He's here! He was in my apartment! Don't go back there unless you want to die!" I exclaim as I drive faster towards Leo's school.

"Okay calm down. How do you know he was in your house?" He asks.

I gulp, "He sent black roses, he's the only person I know who likes black fucking roses and play mind games like that."