Chapter 13: Ms. Hwang

Start from the beginning

Both Hwang twins looked gorgeous, had amazing intoxicating voices, could use magic, were able to trick anyone, could breath underwater and so on. They had everything from both sides, which made them very special and that didn't get unnoticed. They got a lot of attention but were met with tons of problems and two-faced people at a very young age.

While Ms. Hwang made a lot of mistakes and false decisions like starting to smoke, drinking too much alcohol and ditching school very often, her twin brother handled everything quite well. He found real friends while his sister had a lot of fake friends, who only took advantage of her abilities as a mixed blood.

Jeongin's father graduated from school with perfect grades, studied medicine, became a very good doctor and married a beautiful and kind female kitsune, whom he wanted to start a family with while Ms. Hwang, dropped out of high school, changed from one low paid job to another one and married a cowardly, idiotic male siren.

It took Ms. Hwang a long time to get back on the right track. Two moments were very important for her in that matter. The first was when she found out that she was pregnant with Hyunjin, resulting in her husband leaving her, which was a though time for her. Still she decided that she needed to be better for her child and she became better. While she was pregnant she stopped smoking and drinking completely but two years after Hyunjin's birth she had a little relapse because of her parents death and a lot of the people she thought were her friends leaving her.

Maybe it would have become worse but when Hyunjin was three years old the police knocked on the door of her little flat and brought her a male baby. It was Jeongin, her nephew. The policemen told Ms. Hwang that her twin brother and his wife had died in a car accident and that she was the only family Jeongin had left and therefore his legal guardian.

After that point Ms. Hwang turned into a completely different woman. She started to work very hard at the restaurant she worked at as a waitress and got promoted because now she used her charms as a mixed blood effectively. It lured a lot of costumers into the restaurant because they wanted to see the beautiful kitsune-siren mix, who gladly showed off her skills while serving.

That way Ms. Hwang managed to get some promotions. She also handled it well to be a mother for Hyunjin and Jeongin even though she didn't have much time at hand. And while doing all that she managed to finish school and study management at a decent university.

In the end she got a position in the management apartment of the restaurant and after a lot of work the business expanded to four other cities. One of them was Yellow Wood and Ms. Hwang became the manager of the restaurant there, so her little family had to move.

Jeongin and Hyunjin were glad that they moved to Yellow Wood because they hated their old school because everybody treated them not so well. Everyone avoided Jeongin because he was a kitsune while Hyunjin was considered to be a playboy by the other male students and all the girls swarmed him like he was a celebrity just because he was a siren. Hyunjin didn't like either of it.

Ms. Hwang knew this and that was why she instantly accepted the offer from her boss to take over the restaurant in Yellow Wood while also being his right hand woman. Now the little family of three lived a happier life.

"Mum, are you alright?", Hyunjin asked his mother concerned when she just spaced out a little. Ms. Hwang closed her eyes and brought her mind back to the present. "Yes, I am.", she answered and turned around to grab her coffee. Hyunjin followed his mother's movements worriedly. He feared that something was wrong and she just hid it.

"Please don't overwork yourself again", the young male said while having some flashbacks from the last time his mother overworked herself. That weren't very pretty times. He had been constantly worried about his mother's wellbeing but didn't know what to do to help her.

Her son's concern made the female mix blood smile lightly. "I won't", she said with a bit softer voice than before. She faced her son again. "Don't worry about me. You should worry about your math grade instead so get your school stuff and do something productive", Ms. Hwang said, gave Hyunjin his school bag and shooed him off.

Hyunjin walked back to his room with his backpack in his hand but before he reached his room door, Jeongin's was opened. "Morning, hyung", the younger greeted while rubbing his eyes tiredly. Hyunjin nearly cooed at the sight. Jeongin was just adorable when he was still sleepy.

"Morning, Jeongin. Did you sleep well", the siren asked while smiling lightly at his cousin. Jeongin just nodded. "Mum is in the kitchen but will probably leave soon, judging by the way she is already dressed", Hyunjin added. The blond kitsune mumbled a "Thanks" and waddled down the corridor to the kitchen to Ms. Hwang. He probably wanted to wish her a good day at work or get breakfast.

Hyunjin went into his bedroom, closed the door behind him, walked to his desk and set his backpack down before seating himself on the comfy dark blue chair in front of the desk. The siren leaned back and looked at the ceiling in thought. He needed to get his school work done but something was bugging him. He didn't know himself what or why but he felt like he should be somewhere else.

The siren just shook his head, sat up straight and started to get his school stuff out of his bag. He needed to focus and work hard. He made himself a sticky note to text Chan later so he could ask the older when he was free to help him with Math and then the black-haired male started working on his Literature homework.