Wonderland

Genre: Fluff, AU - Theatre

—Hongjoong, afraid to join theatre and mess up in front of his long-time crush, is pushed by his best friend to do it anyway—
————————————————————————
   They say that there's no escape from reality. It's true, yes, to a certain degree.

It's truly hard be able to leave the hustle and bustle of everyday life. But sometimes, it's just relaxing to sit back and lose yourself in stories and dreams.

All throughout his life, Hongjoong found himself a huge fan of broadway shows and plays. Even though he wasn't brave enough to join theatre at his school, someone came and changed that...

"Hongjoong, you should think about joining theatre. Trust me, it's tons of fun." Hongjoong's best friend, had said. "I guess I will." He answerd, finally cracking after Seonghwa had nagged him for two days.

"Good! That's the spirit. Trust me, I know you better than anybody and this is right up your alley." Seonghwa said. Hongjoong smiled.

"When are auditions for the next play? I heard it's going to be a wonderland theme." He asked, taking a sip of his banana milk. "Auditions are tomorrow at 12:30, during lunch break."

"Oh, and your crush is the lead role."

☆彡

   "I can tell that you're nervous." Hongjoong's brother chuckled. "You keep spacing out and mumbling about rabbits and queens."

"Shut up, Jongho."

Hongjoong grabbed his phone and plopped down on the couch by Jongho. "You know Mingi right? Song Mingi?" He asked. "Mm yeah." Jongho's gaze is set on the television.

"Look at me when I'm taking to you." The older scolded. "Okay, Mom," Jongho laughed and turned to his brother, thumping his forehead. "I'm listening."

"So one of my friends wants to join theatre," Hongjoong starts, "and she is worried that she'll mess up in front of the lead role, which is Mingi. She sorta kinda likes him too."

"Yes, and this 'friend' knows that he's good at plays, right?" Jongho smiles. "Ew Jongho, it isn't me!" Hongjoong tries to defend. "Oh really? You're so flushed right now!" Jongho pointed out.

"Fine, asshole. I just don't know if I'm still as good now as I was in my middle school plays, that's all. I don't want to fuck this up in front of someone... respected like Mingi." Hongjoong explained, sighing.

"Agh, stop being so humble, Joongie. We both know that you have a talent for theatre." Jongho says. He stood up and pat Hongjoong on the back.

"When you see Mingi, tell him I said hello."

     ★彡

Hongjoong had just had his audition— in front of all the existing theatre actors. It all went by in a blur, but they had all clapped for him in the end.

So now, here Hongjoong sat, heart still pounding. He hadn't been able to see everyone in the audience, so he wasn't sure if Mingi was even there. But, oh god, he hoped he wasn't.

"You did fine, Hongjoong! I think everyone really liked it, even the seniors were clapping." Seonghwa said reassuringly. Hongjoong buries his face in his hands. "Did.. you-know-who see?" He mumbled.

"Yes, Joongie. And I'm sure he wasn't disgusted or anything." Seonghwa snickered.

"Shut up bitch," Hongjoong grumbled back, "When will the results be posted?"

Before Seonghwa could answer, a hand landed on his shoulder. "Hongjoong! Your audition was great," none other than Song Mingi, official heart-stopper, boisterously said.