Chapter 4: Being alone

Start from the beginning

After thinking about it for a short minute Changbin decided that he would do probably anything to end his boredom, so why shouldn't he hang out with Jae and his friends. He knew them well enough to be himself with them around.

"You know what? I will surprise you again. Where are you?", Changbin asked after a short while. He heard another gasp and again some voices in the background. What was going on back there? Was this some kind of joke?

"We are at the Young Wing Park in the middle of Yellow Wood. But wait, are you really coming?", Jae questioned, maybe to be sure that he hadn't misinterpreted the young royal. "Yes. Otherwise I wouldn't ask. See you in a few", Changbin answered, being a little fed up now and wanted to hang up the call but Jae's "Stop stop stop. Don't hang up" let him stop the motion of his finger just before it hit the hang-up button.

"I should tell you that Wonpil brought one of his brothers along. Just that you know", Jae told the vampire. "I got no problem with that so see you", Changbin responded and ended the call without waiting. Actually he did have a little bit of a problem with that but if it was just Wonpil's little brother what did he have to fear? Wonpil was probably one of the nicest and funniest people he knew. His brother couldn't be much different.

The vampire put his phone back on the table and got up from the couch to walk upstairs to his room. The stair case was connected with the living room and kept in a rather dark color, letting it seem like you were walking into the darkness despite the whole castle being lit by magical candles that reacted to claps.

Changbin walked up the stairs turning right immediately after, entering a little corridor with multiple doors. The first floor of the castle had a lot of bed rooms but also some bathrooms along with one little living room. Changbin's room was the first room to the right.

The young vampire's room just screamed vampire royalty with the red and black furniture and golden designs on them. The young prince went to his walk-in closet and opened it. Changbin's cloths weren't all black like a lot of people would think if they saw him at school or generally in public. He had a lot of colors in his closet, from pink to baby blue to forest green but he preferred to wear black cloths when he went outside since it didn't draw much attention to him.

Right now though Changbin was wearing a oversized pink pullover with white sweatpants and he really didn't want to go outside this way. He picked a black ripped jeans, a black pullover and his favorite black leather jacket as his outfit. He changed into the black cloths, got his wallet and keys from his school bag, putting them into the pockets of jacket and walked down the stairs again to get his phone. After he got all of that, he walked out of the gigantic front doors.

The dark castle Changbin called his home had a certain elegance and power when you looked at it. It was located in a little forest on the edge of the little city called Yellow Wood and was known by children as a place where lost souls could eat you alive. To Changbin the castle felt empty and cold most of the time because he was often in there alone. After all Jae, his "babysitter" and the person his parents assigned to him to keep him company, was busy with university, resulting in him being busy a lot.  

With a sigh the boy locked the massive, black doors of the castle and began running with a supernatural speed that was common for vampires. It didn't take him long to get to the heart of Yellow Wood, where the Young Wing park was located. It was already dark but the night sky was crystal clear. Thousands of stars were shining and made the dark night less scary.

Changbin walked in now normal speed into the park. He felt kind of crept out by the silence and coldness of the place even though he shouldn't be as a vampire. "Jae?", Changbin  called out but there was no answer. The vampire huffed in annoyance because of that. Did Jae and his friends prank him or was this one of Jae's bad jokes?