Chapter 1: First day

Start from the beginning

"We will be fine. Don't worry. After all we still have each other", Minho answered with a reassuring smile on his lips. "Forever and always?", the younger asked and stuck out his pinky. Minho smiled a bit warmer at the gesture. It reminded him of his early childhood where Felix had made him promise the same thing and now wanted to refresh it.

Minho linked his pinky with Felix's without hesitating. "Forever and always", Minho repeated. Felix grinned, pulled his bother towards him, wrapped his arms around the older and then let himself fall backwards, resulting in them both laying on the mattress. Minho wasn't even a little surprised that Felix did this. No, he saw it coming and let it happen.

"Now I feel totally ready for tomorrow to come", Felix stated, cuddling up to his brother a bit more. Minho chuckled lightly and draped his arms around his younger brother, so they could both be a bit more comfortable.

Soon the two young cat hybrids were lulled into dreamland. They didn't even notice that their mother came to check on them a second time. She smiled warmly at the scene she saw in Felix's room and covered the two boys with the blanket Felix had thrown to the side. She walked back to the door and looked at her sleeping sons once more, having a bit of a worried look on her face before she finally left the room, closing the door behind her.

On the next morning the brothers were woken up by their mother. "Wake up you two. You need to get ready for school", she said while shaking both boys by their shoulder. Both groaned but entangled themselves from each other to sit up. Their mother chuckled lightly and pat both of their heads while they rubbed their eyes tiredly. "Breakfast is downstairs but you need to hurry or your father will eat it by himself", she commented as she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Felix let himself fall back onto the mattress again. "I don't wanna get up", he whined while Minho tried to fix his bed-hair. "I am just getting up for breakfast", the older answered and crawled out of bed after deeming that he needed a mirror to get his hair to do what he wanted. Felix sighed and already missed having his brother's warmth beside him, so he decided that he couldn't stay in bed anyway and also crawled out of it's warmth.

Minho stood in front of Felix' full body mirror and was still busy fixing his hazelnut brown hair. His cat ears and tail were of the same color. Felix on the other hand had ginger hair like the boys' mother. His cat ears and tail were also orange with barely noticeable darker stripes on them. When two boys were younger Minho always compared Felix to the Puss-in-Boots because of his ginger hair. They both found this hilarious for some unknown reasons.

Felix walked over to his closet and looked through his clothes. What should he wear for his first day in a new school? He maybe stared a little bit too long into his closet without moving because Minho noticed it and walked over to him.

"I recommend you your jeans-jacket, a white T-shirt, a dark ripped jean and you white sneakers", he said after a short look into his brother's closet. Felix was a little bit taken off guard by his brother's sudden recommendation but it didn't sound bad to him. "Oh and put in one of your silver earrings", the older male added. "That actually sounds quite good", Felix commented even though he knew his brother had a better fashion sense than him. "Duh. I picked it. Now change. I will too. See you downstairs", Minho said and walked out of the room to his own in order to get ready himself.

Felix took the clothes Minho suggested and went to the bathroom that was attached to his bedroom to get ready. He took a short shower, changed his cloths, brushed his teeth and quickly dried his hair. After a good thirty minutes he walked downstairs to the dinning room. The Lee family owned a rather big house, which was a bit unusual for cat hybrids associated with a cat hybrid clan.

Mrs. and Mr. Lee where already seated at the dining table, which had been set up by two around ten minutes ago. It filled the house with the wonderful aroma of backed goods and scrabbled eggs, letting Felix's mouth become a bit watery. Minho wasn't their yet. He seemed to take his sweet time to get ready.