➴ forty: VISIONS ➴

Start from the beginning

"Nothing." Wysteria blushed a little too.

"Liar." She said. Jacob laughed sheepishly. "I came to tell you something actually." Wysteria looked down at her phone as it buzzed in her hand. The new message from Alice read,

Alice In Wonderland
9AM sound good?

Wysteria sent a quick confirmation before looking up at her frowning boyfriend. "Alice said she had a vision. She wants to tell us about it. I thought that telling you and having you pass it on to the rest of the pack would be the easiest." Jacob nodded and got a far away look in his eyes.

"Sam is suspicious." Wysteria snorted, shaking her head.

"It's just going to be Alice, Jasper, Edward, and Carlisle." Jacob frowned.

"Three of those vamps have powers."

"Well it's not like Alice's visions do you any harm and Jasper can't even affect your emotions so chill out." Jacob's jaw was still clenched. "Edward isn't going around purposefully reading minds. He's not going to be digging through any one's brain." Wysteria said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah well we still don't like that he can do it. Anyone who can intrude on someone else's private thoughts..."

"You all do that all the time."

"That's different. We're family. We don't know him."

"Well I know Edward and I know that he won't be reading your minds okay? I'm pretty sure he told me once that since you're all in each others heads that it's too loud. Having all of you there might be... Disorienting if anything if Edward even tries to read your minds. Okay?" Jacob huffed. "We're meeting them at 9AM somewhere in the woods at the border."

"Fine." Jacob muttered. Wysteria half smiled at him and reached out to touch his hair lightly, running her fingers through the short, messy strands.

"I love you." Wysteria said. Jacob smiled.

"Love you too Little Red. Want to sleep here the rest of the night?" Wysteria nodded and got up to turn off the lamp before lying down next to Jacob on his bed. He put his arm around her waist immediately and felt him kiss her hair. Wysteria bit her bottom lip, trying not to let her mind wander about what Alice saw. Instead, she started to think about the Pack and Jacob and her cousins. Some of them had never even seen the Cullen's before, though Wysteria talked about them regularly.

"Leah told me something about you recently." Wysteria said, remembering something.

"Leah?" Jacob said with a small laugh. "What did she tell you?" Wysteria glanced back at him over her shoulder and then turned around to look at him, moving out of his grip.

"You're supposed to be Alpha." Jacob frowned a little. "Why didn't you tell me that?" Jacob shrugged.

"I would be a bad Alpha. Sam is better and... He shifted first so..." Jacob sighed. "He's just a better leader I think and the two of us want to leave anyways. Sam doesn't."

"Did you think that I would... Feel obligated to stay if you were Alpha?" Jacob pursed his lips and said nothing, confirming her suspicions. "I would be okay with that you know."

"But you want to go places. You want to see the world and I don't want to hold you back from any of that and I want to be there with you." Jacob insisted.

"Yeah but... They're my family too now. Literally, my cousins are part of the pack." Jacob's lips twitched up in a smile. "If you were Alpha, I wouldn't mind staying here with all of you."