➴ thirty: AS NORMAL AS IT GETS ➴

〖 chapter xxx: AS NORMAL AS IT GETS〗

Jacob was out on Wysteria's porch again, fully clothed this time but it was still the middle of the night

Jacob was out on Wysteria's porch again, fully clothed this time but it was still the middle of the night. Wysteria rubbed at her eyes sleepily. "I hate you." She grumbled. Jacob grinned.

"Love you too." He murmured, stepping into her living room and kissing her quickly. Wysteria yawned as he pulled back and Jacob laughed.

"I'm tired." Wysteria whined. "Can't we talk tomorrow?"

"I just wanted to see you." Wysteria gestured to herself.

"You see me, goodbye." she said, pushing on his chest slightly to get him to walk back out the sliding glass door. Jacob didn't even budge though.

"That won't work."

"What? Are you suddenly the immovable object to my unstoppable force? I used to be able to get you to do anything for me." Jacob laughed. "You were fucking whipped."

"Still am." Jacob said with a shrug. Wysteria blushed a little and with a sigh, closed the sliding glass door. "Did I mention it physically pains me to be away from you?" Wysteria gave him a funny look as they sat on the couch together.

"Like in a lovey dovey I can't get enough of you way or is it an imprinty, wolfy thing?" Jacob smirked and put his arm around her.

"Both. I saw you like six hours ago but even that felt like an eternity. I was worried about you."

"Emily must have told you I got home alright." Jacob nodded.

"Wasn't good enough for me. I had to see you for myself." Wysteria yawned again and laid her head against his chest. "Did your mom see anything that happened today? Did she ask you about it?" Wysteria pursed her lips. That had been the weird thing. Her mother barely spoke to her when she returned. Dinner had been a completely silent affair. that hadn't happened since the fist time they had dinner together after her father's funeral.

"She didn't talk to me. She could barely look at me but... I think she knows what's happening." Wysteria said softly. Jacob was so warm it was making her even sleepier. "We should get up, I'm tired and I should go sleep. It's been a long day." Wysteria said, though she didn't even try to get up and go to her room.